i had my first experience with breastfeeding in public the other day.

it was pretty f'n wierd! im a waitress at dave & busters.. i had a table of like 6 mexicans come in. i took there drink orders, got there drinks, & was letting them look at the menu. THEY call ME over to take there food order & as i get to the table, this women has her tit out, no cover or anything, & her kid is sucking on her nipple! it was really wierd & i would have perfered not to see her nipple. & whats really funny is that my first though when i saw her was about cafemom & all the arguments ive gotten into about bfip.

PURPULbutterfly

Asked by PURPULbutterfly at 11:48 AM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• i think i would've been taken aback, as well, OP. i mean, its not like you were purposefully staring at her boob...you were taking their order, for goodness sake. how were you supposed to look straight at her eyes? right..which are only so few inches away from the chest.

if it were me, i'd cover them up, ladies..you want to bf in public places as much as everyone else wants to be comfortable, too. it doesn't sit well with everyone to see boobs hanging out. bf all you want, but be a class-act mom and at least put the napkin across your exposed pretties.
    (however, i don't think i would've said anything to her, or to this group of ladies on CM. you're toast, OP!)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 1:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• You mean there was a baby eating at a restraunt during lunch? Maybe they should make them eat at another time.

And, if the kid was sucking on the nipple! Don't they know that milk comes from the elbow?

What does the fact that they are Mexican have to do with it?

Really? Why is it that big of a deal? Seems like the only person that made a big deal of it was you.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:04 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• It's amazing to me how some women just don't get it..... It's sad really. Our breasts were made to nourish our babies, no matter where that is. I commend the woman for taking the best care of her baby. I honestly think it's a beautiful thing when a baby is nursing. Get a grip on yourself, it's a natural thing....

Btw, I breastfed all 3 of ours, anywhere I felt it was necessary.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:11 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• What's the point of your post? Maybe you shouldn't have starred at her nipple. Sure I don't want to look at other women bare breast but I don't make a big deal about when they art breast feeding. The baby has just as much right to eat out in public as anyone else.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:52 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• LOL I'm not laughing at you I'm laughing with you. I used to be a waitress and would have dropped my jaw if I would have seen it while I was working.
    Proud_Mommy05

Answer by Proud_Mommy05 at 11:53 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Well I can see where that would be a bit of a surprise to see her showing everything and not covering up or trying to be discrete, but babies have a right to eat when they are hungry too, and they could care less if they are in public or at home.

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:03 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• While I think a cover should be used and always have, it never bothered me when people BF in the dining room or if they wanted to Its just a breast.

Back when I was waitressing I had a guy that asked me to tell a BF mom to go to the bathroom to do that. My response was that I couldn't do that but if he would like I would be more then happy to serve him his dinner in the mens room.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 12:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• There are so many ignorant things in this "question" I don't know where to begin to comment!! Your ignorance is beyond description.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 1:08 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• What's the question?
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 12:02 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I probably would have respected your opinion if it weren't for the tits and the Mexican talk.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 12:07 PM on Jan. 7, 2011