When did you start seeing stretch marks?

I'm 27 weeks..........feeling like I'm going to burst out of my skin, especially after major meals. I'm curious for those that have, or have had stretch marks, when the stretch marks started to appear and if you could see signs that they were going to start appearing. If so.......what was the best form of treatment? I hear there is nothing you can do to prevent, stop them from appearing.

Thanks for your input!

CJnRB

Asked by CJnRB at 11:53 AM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I started seeing them around where my belly button was pierced around 6 months I think, they started to get bad around 8 months. I wish I had some suggestions of prevention, but obvisously everything I tried didn't work :(
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 11:56 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• After my son was born lol. I only got them on my lower abdomen, underneath my baby bump so I couldn't see them until after it was gone. I used lots of cocoa butter during my pregnancy but I honestly don't know if it helped or not.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:57 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• They started becoming apparent around 7 or 8 months, I think. I could always tell when they were going to show up because it would itch like crazy. Lotion can help with that aspect. And then once they appeared, they were BRIGHT red, looked like some huge animal had come and clawed up my stomach.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:59 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I believe 36 or 37 weeks. First my stomach got super itchy then the marks started appearing not too long after that.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:59 AM on Jan. 7, 2011

• My skin was super itchy around around 7 months when I really started to grow and show. I slathered myself in coco butter lotion and massaged it deep into my skin every morning and evening. It unfortunately did not stop the stretch marks from appearing, but it did help my skin bounce back a bit better after I delivered. And the massaging was good for circulation. Stretch marks are a part of pregnancy if your lucky enough to get out unmarked then good of you (jerk), otherwise welcome to the world of one piece bathing suits.

LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 12:23 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• HAHA!!!! I had them long before pregnancy so I was doomed. I ran track and my upper thighs were horrible!!!! I am not worried about it.
    ambernicole531

Answer by ambernicole531 at 12:24 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• buy some mama mio products i herd thr really good..... jessica alba used it when she was expecting and it's most top rated to!.....
    deyrita09

Answer by deyrita09 at 1:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• You can rub olive oil to prevent stretch marks it works magic lol .
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 3:22 PM on Jan. 7, 2011