i have 1 month to lose weight!!

my husband and i are having our 10 year anniversary celebration on feb 12th. i need to lose 15 lbs by then!!
ideas??

JOR_HAIL

Asked by JOR_HAIL at 12:04 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Just cut out all fat... I have to be on a fat free diet (gall bladder remove next week) anyway the first week I lost 10 pounds and still eat just as much as I did before but there isnt anymore fat. Good Luck, hope you make your goal.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:09 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• First thing: Tell your self you need to lose WEIGHT... but not how much. Telling yourself "I MUST lose 15 pounds by Feb 12th" is a recipe for not doing it.

Start walking! Every day. 30 minutes of walking. You don't have to do all 30 minutes at once.

DRINK WATER! 64 ounces daily. Many of us (myself included) eat too much because we don't drink enough.

Evict "white" from your pantry. Rice, potatoes, bread. Whole grains instead.

Make like a rabbit and eat more veggies!

You don't have to avoid meat, but keep the servings to the size of the palm of your hand.

Weight Watchers has a great program.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I don;t think it would be healthy to loose that much in 30 days.3-4 pounds a week is healthy.That would be close to 15.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 12:05 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Yeah that's not going to happen if you want to do it healthfully.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 12:05 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Try South Beach or Atkins. If you stay on phase 1 of South Beach the results are faster.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:06 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• weight watchers. You could easily lose that doing ww and healthily too.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 12:07 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I did the Over-eaters Anonymous diet and lost 10 lbs in one week....And i didn't feel unhealthy or anything. It is A TOUGH diet but it shows results quick.... I also really needed to lose the extra weight so I think that is why it came off so fast. I didn't really exercise but had a very active/physical job.
    SaraR216

Answer by SaraR216 at 12:31 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• SlimQuick and eat less. You can lose 10lbs in a week.
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 2:20 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Count calories. They say reduce 250 calories a day and add 250 calorie burning exercises a day. This will help you lose a pound a week. I never found the time to add in extra exercises so I cut 500 calories a day. Its not the 15 pounds you were seeking to lose but it works. Just don't cut calories below 1500 for too long. It can turn into a game and get out of hand.
    Kimberlee115

Answer by Kimberlee115 at 3:24 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• the master cleanse, lemon juice, maple syrup, and cayenne pepper, would do that. its how beyonce lost 20 lbs in 2 weeks for a movie. its not unhealthy either cause its a cleanse so it removes harmful toxins from your body
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 3:57 PM on Jan. 7, 2011