Physically Disconnected adult content

I was put on pelvic rest for the duration of this pregnancy about three months ago due to placenta previa and I have three months to go. After I broke the news about the pelvic rest to my husband, all physical contact from him has stopped cold without any explanation whatsoever. It's hard to discuss the situation with him because it's not like I can do anything sexual like we used to, and he's not into things that are "all about him". I'm afraid that once this pregnancy is over and we're past the six-week mark, we'll be so disconnected from one another that we'll never find our way back!
Anyone been through this?
What did you do about it, if anything?
Did things go back the way they were?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• When I was preggo,I had not interest in fooling around in anyway.I felt like there was a third person watching us.I know it was weird.but it was how I really felt.Things got back to normal after my body healed from having him.You can still kiss and hug and sit together.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 12:15 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• TALK to him.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 2:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• i didn't have this problem when i was prego, but when girly came out 5 weeks ago, i have spent the last 5 weeks on the couch so hubby could sleep. he works, i stay home. i was feeling like we were drifting, and like we weren't "together" anymore. its hard b/c after baby its all about them. i was dreading waiting the 6 weeks, and we didn't make it. lol.
    have some together time. rent a bunch of movies, like romantic ones and have a day of nothing but movies and popcorn! well, a little more you mama! hope this helps. and remember he loves you, he may just be affraid of hurting you. good luck!
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 6:56 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• No i think he is just afraid of hurting you.They always back off with no explanation.I have my hubby write down what he is feeling and i write mine too and we trade ,sounds goofy i know but it works.You can always write what you are feeling rather than voice it..do not worry dear men will be men!Talking helps but the way i have done it with writing notes works great.good luck.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 3:45 PM on Feb. 28, 2011