All of sudden I noticed I was fat WTH??

I need to do something with myself....don't like my body or any of my clothes any more...hate to shop or have my picture taken...I'm sick of it!!
I'm going to go shop for lemons and fruits and veggies and start the Master Cleanse as soon as the rest of my stuff comes in the mail...but in order for it to really help me I also need to quit smoking cold turkey like right now!! ANd no alcohol at all until the cleanse is over...hopefully I will feel so good after I won't go back to Any of my bad habits....

feloniousbelle

Asked by feloniousbelle at 12:08 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• LOL! I swear it just creeps up on your and one morning you just wake up and nothing fits! It's a conspiracy!! Hey someone on here used to have a journal of her cleanse experience.. it was so funny. If someone has that, post up!!

Good luck!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:09 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Good luck honey will you probably be really successful.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 12:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Diets and diet aids (if they even work) are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight & will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster - frustrating for you & hard on your body. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Start moving; do some sort of exercise, even walking, for at least 20 minutes/day, at least three times a week. Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits/vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. Eat at least 2 servings of legumes every day. You will lose weight, have more energy, maintain a healthy weight, get sick less often, set a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html

Eat an apple or a big pile of vegetables before meals

Answer by rkoloms at 12:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• The healthy eating is totally the plan...I feel like doing the Cleanse first will give me a jump start that I need....I get kinda alot of exersize w/out even trying...(5 kids) but my eating habits suck right now....
    feloniousbelle

Comment by feloniousbelle (original poster) at 12:20 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• LOL I seriously like said the same thing to my SO yesterday. I don't know what the hell happened.... I was 130 pounds in July and all of the sudden I am 160!!! That's 30 pounds in just a few months. It sucks. What is the Master Cleanse?? Never heard of it before.
    SaraR216

Answer by SaraR216 at 12:25 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• It's pretty popular...There's a web sit and all lots of people doing it...you ease in to it by eating lots of fruits and veggies and then go to drinking tea a salt water 'wash' and lemon juice w/ maple syrup and cayenne pepper...sounds crazy I know...but the idea is to get rid of toxins and start witha clean slate...
    feloniousbelle

Comment by feloniousbelle (original poster) at 12:28 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I know how you feel. Even though I just had a baby two months ago, I don't feel like I'm where I should be compared with earlier post-pregnancies. But I also noticed I'm using more convenience foods as time-savers. You mentioned some quick-fix solutions, but i've had more success with lifestyle changes. Maybe you could focus more on reading labels and sticking to whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies, high fiber, and more water. I know my best success was when I was having a Lean Cuisine entree or Lean Pocket for lunch, with a piece of fruit, and then a healthy dinner with the abovementioned foods. I even had lowfat ice cream for dessert every night and kept the pounds off.
    beshka76

Answer by beshka76 at 2:21 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• LOL Join the club. My Dr says everyone hits bottom at different times for different reasons.Maybe this is it for you.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:47 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• those cleanses only take off water weight...to lose FAT you're going to need to ease into a GOOD workout program and make lifestyle changes...including cutting out the alcohol after your "cleanse"...that's a TON of empty calories...I would personally rather save my calories for food, but that's just me. it needs to be a lifestyle change though...diets don't work, period. and just remember, the first 10-15 pounds is usually water weight, so it will fall off fast...when you start burning fat, an average of a pound a week is a good rule to live by...the slower it comes off, the longer it will stay off :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 3:49 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• yup it creeps up on ya! drinking is bad....if ya cut that out for a while thats alot less calories you are consuming
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:04 PM on Jan. 7, 2011