Is Your Marriage Where You Thought It Would Be By Now?

Wow, I was riding w/my S/O last night and thinking we've been married 48 yrs in May. Married at 17 parents at 18, we have been through soooooo many rough times, 4 yrs of the Marines, a War, a wounded Vet to deal with, 5 mos separation, fun times, very hard times, arguments, kids, grandkids, a child killed. I thought many times we wouldn't make it, not bec I didn't love my S/O just bec it was so hard sometimes to deal w/the kids, the arguing, being young with a child. BUT, I knew all those yrs I didn't want anyone to be in my life but my S/O and I/We fought for my marriage to be where it is today. I love my S/O more now I think than I did at 17 if that's possible, maybe a different love/deeper not necessarily more. I really think we both worked very hard to get where we are today, and yes mine is right where I thought it would be when I said , "I DO."

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 12:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• If someone had told me all the things i have gone through i would have called them a liar..But we survived !36 years now .We were mom and dad at the ripe old age of 16,and 19.After three children,cars,college,marriage,and going through treatment for alcoholism,we are great and the world is looking up!!This economy has shaken us all but nothing can stop us now!I truly believe that you can with stand anything,can accomplish anything ,and take your life to levels never imagined ,but it takes hard work,determination and most important LOVE!I have more faith now than i ever have that nothing is going stop me,nobody is going to get in my way!!The best I guess I can say is I am HAPPY LADIES WHOOO HOOOO!Best of luck to all for the New YEAR! YE...HAAAAAA
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 12:35 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• my marriage is nothing like I had imagined it to be.Life threw us some curves too.But it is good.Just not great.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 12:18 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• CONGRADULATIONS!! I hope we make it that long... been married 4 happy amazing years so far.

kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:19 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Heck, nothing in my life has gone like I thought it would. But I think I'm happier for that! I've thrown out the "five year plan" idea because fate laughs at that!

Congratulations on 48 years! Almost 20 here!

Answer by gdiamante at 12:21 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Yes. I have no complaints. We've weathered a few storms together and came out stronger

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:30 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Yes I'm happy with where my marriage is right now. We went into our marriage older, and I brought children into it, and he didn't have any. We discussed everything, from having children, to finances before we got married, so we went into it with our eyes wide open.
    I look forward to growing old with him, he's my best friend. We realize that marriage takes work, and it's never going to be perfect.

Congrats on 48 yrs! If both my parents were alive today they would have been married 51 yrs on the 24th of this month.. Many more Happy yrs to you and your Hubby!!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:30 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• That is awesome! I have been married 38 years and life only keeps getting better!

Answer by older at 12:41 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• wow im jealous at all you ladies i want to be married & have agreat life i hope i do some day
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 3:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2011