If he doesnt like the kids, it will never work.

My husband and i are newlyweds. We got married fairly quickly. We met August of this yr and were married by November. We are a happy couple. Yes its the "honeymoon" stage.

I have two children. Two boys. Ages 4 and 7. They are pretty well behaved. Kind of. Lately, today, he told me that he snapps on me bc of how the children behave. They love him soooo much when he gets home they are constantly on top of him, calling his name a million times. I TRY my hardest to keep them from him, and give him space.

I told him that if he cant accept my children, then i cant be around either.

Im not sure what to do anymore. I love him so much and want things to work, but i know of he cant accept my kids, it will never work out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:20 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• You are quite correct. He needs to understand that he married the whole package.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:22 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• You are correct. I think, in fact, that you've answered your own question. Your children are your #1 priority in this life. YOU are all they have.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:23 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Try counseling. Make it a rule that the boys give him space when he gets home. No touching and no greeting other than a quiet hi, something like that. They are old enough to understand that your husband hasn't been around children much and finds their enthusiasm overwhelming.

Answer by Bmat at 12:25 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Your title SAYS IT ALL!! Good luck!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:25 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• This is why you don't rush into marriage and actually get to know someone. If he won't accept your kids it won't work.
    Anonymous

• Before I started dating my husband I was dating another man and at first he was alright with my kids. After a little bit he started acting weird like he didnt like the kids around. He finally admitted to me he wasnt ready to be a dad. Out the door he went. I have kids and anyone I have ever dated understood they come first, they were here before they were and will be there after if we split up. Nothing is more important to me. My husband and I had been friends for some time before we started dating and all he ever wanted was a family. It worked out for us because he knew coming in what my rules were, and he accepted it. You have to put your cards on the table early and stick to them.

Answer by gemgem at 12:38 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• how about this. when u know he is almost home then u sit the kids down and say. alright guys so and so is almost here when he walks in the door, give him 10 mins to destress from work. they most likely want to tell him about their day. so for the first 10 mins its just time for ur hubby to take a 10 min break. also u could have ur kids draw a pic of one of the many things they did that day to show hubby. my kids are 3 and 2 and if they are awake when daddy comes home they are always trying to get in his space. so i explain to them sit down and give daddy 5 mins to get his jacket off and come to u. its helped alot
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 12:41 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• i know it is hard because you love your husband & everything but if your hubby dont accept your kids it is not meant to be im sorry mama
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 3:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• He needs to learn how children are....they love him and he hasn't had that before I guess. I don't like to be swarmed on by my own kids either...I let them know I need some time before taking them on....have to switch gears! lol
    karensue65

Answer by karensue65 at 9:39 AM on Jan. 8, 2011