What is the best way to cook a potroast

Iam looking to learn how to cook a potraost dinner what are some ways to cook the roast.

tinamarie1972

Asked by tinamarie1972 at 12:23 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Food & Drink

• We always do it in the crock pot with a can of mushroom soup, a packet of dry onion soup mix, and cut up potatoes and carrots. Just add the carrots and potatoes later in the day so they get soft but not soggy.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:25 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I always do mine in the crockpot. Just place the roast in , all the veggies around it. Cook on low for about 8 hours.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 12:26 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I usually cook mine in the slow cooker as well, but I dont like adding the veggies in there. I always do the veggies on the side.

I rinse the roast, put a TINY bit of water in the crock pot. On the roast, I put a bunch of minced garlic and some pepper. Then cook the crap out of it all day on low ;) Makes a yummy gravy!
    MommaRoxanne

Answer by MommaRoxanne at 12:34 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I cook mine in the crock pot as well..I usually add potatoes,carrots,celery, a few slices of onion, and 1/2 package of mcormicks pot roast seasoning to 1 cup of water (the whole package makes it too strong in my opinion)
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 12:43 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I cook mine in the crockpot. I put the meat in, add a can of cream of celery soup, a jar of beef gravy and some seasonings. Then about 2 hr before serving I add my potatoes, onion, celery, carrots, turnips to cook.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:02 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Crockpot. It gets really tender. I add a can of cream of mushroom soup and a packet of beefy onion soup mix. Yum!
    August07Mom

Answer by August07Mom at 1:10 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• My trick is to cook the roast in the crock pot all day in some au jus gravy mix (with water, of course). Add onions, carrots, and potatoes an hour or two before serving. Then you have the option of eating it as a french dip, too. THEN, I freeze the left over meat to use later in Mexican dishes as shredded beef - just add the Mexican seasoning at that point.
    beshka76

Answer by beshka76 at 4:11 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• This is an old favorite, it passes the test of time!
    Pot Roast
    3-4 lb. pot roast
    4 potatoes, cut in pieces
    6 carrots, cut in pieces
    1 onion, quartered
    10 3/4 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
    1 1/2 oz pkg dry onion soup mix
    Line a 13x9" baking dish with aluminum foil; place the roast in dish. Place vegetables around roast. In a medium bowl, combine mushroom soup and onion soup mix; pour over roast. Cover with an additional piece of aluminum foil. Bake at 300 degrees for 4 hours.
    This is also good cooked in an oven baking bag.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:26 AM on Jan. 9, 2011

• slow cooker it comes out yummy
    momofalltrades

Answer by momofalltrades at 1:59 PM on Jan. 11, 2011