How to tell my family...

Okay, I'm 21 years old. I have two kids already, a 3yr old and a 1.5yr old. I'm one out of four kids... I have an older sister who is 28, an older brother who is 25, and a younger brother who is 17. My sister has one child who is 1.5yrs and my older brother has one child who is 4yrs. So I'm the youngest in my family with kids, and I have the most kids. My mother has been saying the past few months to all of us she's not ready for any more grandkids, jokingly of course, but it's still the fact she said it... she knows none of us are really ready for another child. However, I recently found out that I am pregnant. I'm 9 weeks. Due in August. By then my daughter will be 2 months away from being 4 and my son will have just turned 2. Anyway... I know my family will think I'm crazy if I tell them. I want to wait as long as possible, but it's getting difficult. I'm starting to show (hardly, but enough to notice the weight gain and the little belly to the point where someone in my family WILL joke sayin, what are you pregnant?) I'm just extremely nervous to tell my parents. I know I'm an adult and it shouldn't matter, but it's the disappointment I'm worried about. I don't want them to be disappointed. I know we can handle it financially... it will be a struggle and money will be tight, but it's able to be done... but still I'm nervous. It's winter time so I've been able to cover up with big sweatshirts and such. Do you think I should try and wait until it's not able to be hidden any longer, or do you think I should just get it over with and tell them? What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• all i can say is just be honest. im the oldest of 3 my hubby is the youngest of 3. when i became pregnant with our first my mom through a fit. she was 46 and wasnt ready to be grandma. then a year later i was expecting again and had my dd when ds was 17 months again she wasnt ready to be gma. hubbys family loves the kids. of course both sets of parents have been worried that we will get pregnant again. so i feel u on that one. just tell them. once the baby is here they will love the baby
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 12:45 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• "Well mom, I know it's kind of crazy, but we are adding two feet onto our house. Construction should be done around August." If she asks what the extra two feet are for say it's for the nursery. Yeah they might be disappointed at first, but they'll get used to it. if she says she didn't want anymore grandchildren right now lightly point out that it's not "right now" it's in August. Congrats mama!!!
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:22 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Your an adult They will understand. And honestly as long as your able to provide for them then they should have nothing to say but congrats!
    stevynjjsmoma

Answer by stevynjjsmoma at 2:03 PM on Jan. 7, 2011