clothing debate for girls ages 9,7, and6, jeans or no jeans.

MY husband wants my girls to wear jeans. I like them to wear pants like sweats and pants without buttons or zippers. my youngest has bladder problems so I think no for her. My others think they are tight and have tried different pairs. Does your kids wear jeans? Should they be forced to wear jeans? I even stick to sweats since go no where except the store. Just asking for fun and to see about the debate going on here. My parents agree with me and of course his parents agree with their son. Thanks.

momindiana

Asked by momindiana at 12:41 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Hm. I never thought about jeans as a debateable issue. I wear jeans. My 4yo son wears jeans. I don't really understand what there is to debate...
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 12:43 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• My girls wear both..... I am not seeing the debate issue.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 12:45 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• All my kids 12,10,9,7 & 5 wear jeans. My 5 year old wears jeans that have elastic waistsbecause he is chubby and they fit better.
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 12:46 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• My girls wear jeans but didn't like them when they were younger. They want them now. My son only wants jeans that have an elastic waist which is easy enough since he's only three. I would not make your girls wear jeans but I would address the real issue of what your dh is concerned about and make sure they wear things that aren't sweat pants and make sure they look nice. He is probably thinking they look too casual and wants them to look put together.
    Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 12:47 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I've never heard of anyone who didn't allow their children to wear jeans...

confused

Yes, my kids wear jeans and look darn cute in them :-)

vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:48 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Jeans are much more fashionable and not as casual. I like the appearance of jeans if they fit properly. Sweats are dressy if they have matching shirts or jackets. My 4 year old does not like to wear denim jeans. She will wear jean style pants if they are made of a different fabric.
    I think there is a time and place for both.
    It is hard for me, because I am quite casual. My daughter was a real fashion diva and the Little One was always perfect, stylish and matching. I want to continue that in honor of my daughter. I have to work at it.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:50 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• All of my kids wear jeans most of the time. Many people, myself included, think sweats look sloppy and are inappropriate attire unless the person wearing them is exercising.  It could be that your husband feels this way too.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 1:11 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I have a 3 year old and a 9 month old. They both have jeans and sweatpants that they wear.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 1:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• My DD is 8 & would NEVER wear sweats to school. Sure, she'll wear them in the house. But at school, she wears cargo pants, jeans, corduroys, skirts/dresses with tights...etc. She is super fashion conscious. Jeans are fine, i don't see a very good argument. It's not like you have to put skin tight jeans on them.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:18 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• my daughters love to wear jeans,they hardly ever wear sweats(only sweat shirts) or track suits to school...
    JazzyJes

Answer by JazzyJes at 1:27 PM on Jan. 7, 2011