how many pet owner treat there pets like there childern?

i treat my animals like my childern, but this 1 post had me thinking, and i am wondering your thoughts on this.as most of us talk about the abortion, today when i was at a vets office a women was getting her dog fixed but the dog was prego and the lady still wanted the dog fix and had the babies taken out, now shouldn't an animal like that to should have a chance ? and why do you think its ok for animal to have that done? and would you think its the same thing for a women and dog?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Pets

• i have pets and yeah i treat them like my childern too but never had this kind of thinking
    Anonymous

• When I was a senior in high school I took my parent's cat in to get fixed and it turned out she was already preggers with her second litter. we decided to go ahead and get her fixed because I knew how hard it was to find really good homes for her 1st litter. They almost ended up in the humane society and it was really hard to say goodbye even though I made sure not to get attached the lil buggers.It wouldn't have been fair to the cat, her litter,ect. When I picked her up from the vet, she acted like she was a lot happier and didnt even care.

I love and treat all my animals(past,present and future) like they are my children and I only do what I feel is best for them.
    Anonymous

• i treat my chihuahua like my baby hes always on my lap, sleeps in my bed, i carry him around sometimes. he doesnt like to be in an room and not know where i am he whines if i try to do something like the dishes without him under my feet.... anyways the second part of ur question yes doggie abortions kinda are sad but what is sadder is when a big litter of puppies are born and have no home and nothing to eat and have to live on the street or go to a shelter where they have to live in a small cage or be put down. cutting down on poor animal suffering isn't so bad whereas a baby could be put up for adoption and lead a good life
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 11:53 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Mine are treated like my babies...with that being said they are always fixed by 6 months,have their shots and are taken to the vet as soon as I suspect there is a problem.

I do not think I could have any of my animals babies aborted but then I take all precautions to make sure that doesn't happen..
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 1:56 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• All my animals are my babies. But I am the pack leader for them.There are rules and lessons just like they were for my humane children. Dogs need to have a leader. They were born with this instinct and love to have a routine to follow.They Are my best friends and then they are my dogs! I believe in neutering and spaying as there are to many unwanted animals. If you ever go visit a dog pound on the day they are euthanizing the unwanted, it would make a believer outta real fast. In the past few months I have had 2 dogs dropped at my house, that no one could feed or care for any more. It makes me sad to know that they were part of someones family and now orphaned.

doglovergranny

Answer by doglovergranny at 8:23 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• It's terrible, but it's also really not the same. Unwanted puppies don't come from the dog being irresponsible the way unwanted children do, you know?
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 10:35 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• well i have to animals, i have a cat and a dog.. and i treat them both like my own children. and about the animal abortion thing i think is really wrong i would never do that ot my dog.. that horrible. :(
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 1:17 PM on Nov. 15, 2008

• My dog is totally my baby. I can't believe someone would do that do their dog. Let her have the litter of pups she's already pregnant with...THEN get her spayed. That's just cruel.
    angelsweet84

Answer by angelsweet84 at 4:21 PM on Nov. 15, 2008