does anyone know about cord blood banking?

im due in may and i was thinking of saving my babys cord blood, i was wondering if anyone has done it or if anyone knows if its a good idea...

MsBrazil86

Asked by MsBrazil86 at 12:59 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I went through viacord it cost approx 1200. to begin and cost 125 per year. You can also pay in advance on the yearly cost for a discount. Also you should know that if something happens you will have to find a doctor outside of the US because in the US they are not allowed to do that type of work.

jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 1:02 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• omg! ur kidding me right? so basically you pay for no reason , because getting a doctor out of the country can get expensive and if they cant do it here in the u.s whats the point of it?
    MsBrazil86

Comment by MsBrazil86 (original poster) at 1:07 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I have heard the same. You have to pay huge amounts and there is no gaurantee you can use it or it will ever be used. This coming from a rep of one of the cord blood banking companies!
    stevynjjsmoma

Answer by stevynjjsmoma at 1:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2011