Ok my southern friends...have you seen the snow predictions!?!?!? 6-10 inches!!!!!!

I live in Gadsden Alabama and right now...they are saying we could potentially get up to 10 inches!!!!!!

It sort of panics me, I am almost 36 weeks pregnant!!!!! What if I need to get to the hospital????????

I think my blood pressure is up...hahaha...(just joking)

Do you live where they are predicting lots of snow? How much? Do you prepare?? How?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Yeah, I live in Madison Al. My kids were on a high this morning when they seen the weather report.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 1:07 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• MI/OH girl here, sorry, we are beyond used to it. I can understand your panic. My grand parents live in SE MO and if they get an inch everyone flips out, schools close etc. No salt trucks and plows in those parts.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:07 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Ughh...I don't get it. I have been wanting snow and everywhere north, south, east and west of us is getting or has gotten snow....but we've barely had anything at all. :(
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:09 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• No salt trucks and plows in those parts.

I am so glad you said this, we just dont see enough snow around her to get use to it. And even if we do have snow, its very rarely more than an inch or two. 10 inches is enough to shut us down for DAYS!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:09 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• We just got 16" over the New Years. I go grocery shopping before so we have food. Then I cuddle up on the couch with a blanket and we enjoy movies, playing games or crafts.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 1:09 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I live in Raleigh, NC and my 2nd son was born in 2000 the day before we received 20 inches of snow! Needless to say, we aren't prepared for that kind of snow here. I was snowed in at the hospital and the food trucks couldn't get there - we had to get by on what the hospital had on hand for a couple days, which wasn't much. The next shift of drs and nurses couldn't get there, so the ones that were there had to handle all of us, catching rest as they could. I had to argue with the insurance company to pay for the extra couple days before we could get home. All I can say is - good luck!

Answer by missanc at 1:11 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Oh and we also have ice a lot more than up North too....ices over power lines and roads....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:12 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• OH WOW missanc!!!!! Makes me think if I have to go with snow on the ground that I might should pack a few snacks!!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Well, for up here in Northern Michigan, that's nothing .... but for you folks down there? that's a lot! Stay safe, stay warm, and be careful!
    yoliplus6

Answer by yoliplus6 at 1:20 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I'm in Atlanta, we'll get some snow but i doubt that much. AL always gets the best part of the storms, then they wither a way when they near Atlanta. I'm excited though, probly no school on Monday!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:24 PM on Jan. 7, 2011