I just found out a few days ago that I am 5 weeks pregnant and it's my first, so how much worrying about miscarriage is normal? I have never had ne before but my sister did beofre she had a successful pregnancy and my mom hd a fw plus an ectopic. So natuarlly since I want this so bad I am constanlty worried about losing the baby. Any advice, suggestions, or tips?

I even thiught since my symptoms were less today and I had terrble dihareaa yesyterday(like when i get cycsts) that something bad could have happened.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Check your progesterone levels and make your OB aware of the family history. Take a good mutivitamin that contains Selenium.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 1:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Well when M/C has hit somewhere close to home it is hard not to worry about it. The only thing I can say is TRY not to stress what will be will be. Enjoy that you are pregnant. Once you hear the heart beat for the first time you will feel some relief. It sucks I know just try to focus on that most of the time there is a happy ending of a baby!
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 1:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• You have to chill be stressed out like that is not good for you or your pregnancy and also congradulations for you.
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 1:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• All you can do is try to calm yourself down. You can't do anything but take care of yourself. They do happen, often at no fault of the mom. The only thing you can really watch for is cramping and heavy bleeding. If it's going to happen, it's going to happen. It can't be stopped. Good luck, mama, you'll be over the first trimester hump before you know it! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:18 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• stay calm (as much as possible) take care of yourself and if it's the right time it will turn out well
    AprylnAtticus

Answer by AprylnAtticus at 2:48 PM on Jan. 7, 2011