How often do you have dinner with you DH and kids together

We have done this every night but lately we are struggling a bit since DS1 is involved in a few activities and everything seems to start at 6:3o and DH does not get home til 6! What is some tricks that you have to have dinner together?

rebeccadac

Asked by rebeccadac at 1:11 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Just for Fun

• About twice a week. Dh works evenings, so usually it's just me and the kiddo.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• We have dinner together every night, but DS is 2, and DH is a SAHD while I am in school, so we have the luxury of time.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Once or twice a week. My husband works until 11pm.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 1:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Every night, we don't have any kids activities in the way.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 1:14 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Every night. We have to work around my older son and daughter's bball practice, but their league actually lets us have some choice in times. But we limit our kids activities to two/week in favor of more family time.

Answer by missanc at 1:14 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• every day

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• My kids are grown and on their own, but we have all Holidays and Birthdays together. My S/O and I try to eat w/each other, but when there is a GOOD sport on it wins out over me. I've gotten use to that over the yrs, and I just go watch something else, things could be worse, and they have been. I must admit when our kids were small though, we always ate dinner together at the table, and both my Son & DD do the same w/their families. I think it's a very good thing to do to have that family time together, talking, or what ever, but together. You'll miss it when their grown, because I miss my kids not being at my table, grown or not.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 1:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• about 4-5 nights a week.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 1:19 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• every day, but we sit in front of the TV...LOL, i know that's horrible, but we ejnoy it.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:20 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• dh is home every night and we have dinner and a movie together in the living room every night. dd is only 5 months old
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 1:22 PM on Jan. 7, 2011