I need help with potty training my son!!!

ok my son just turned two, and i have been working with him on potty training for quite some time now....he has his own potty and i ask him if he has to go ever hour or so and take him in there...but the problem is he just doesnt wanna use his potty or even the big potty, he tells me when he has to go but when we get in there if it takes to long he stands up and pees all over the floor. I have tried the pull-ups with the cool alert and the dissappearing cars....nothing seems to work and he wont keep a diaper on.....please how can i get him potty trained? is there an easier way to do it?? please help

babybytc88

Asked by babybytc88 at 9:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Okay.. so the good part about it is he is peeing, maybe not in the right spot but he is at least understanding the concept.
    PLEASE listen to me on this, it's just awesome. TRY IT!!!! Go out a but a potty ring to put on the big potty. Forget the little individual ones. They are like 10 dollars, in with the potty training stuff. Anyways, my two year old LOVES it! He loves watching the real water flush and he can see everything thats going on. He even pushes "it" down so he doesnt pee on the floor. He'll pull his step stool over, put the ring on and get on. Then we go to the sink and he takes the step stool over... Even girls can do it this way. Also, when he does go.... make a huge deal out of it, show him how happy you are!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:57 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Sounds like you're doing a good job..
    Get him a book, a tub of warm water to put his hands in, some toys to play with, and eventually he'll sit on the toilet long enough to pee IN it, rather than around it..
    All it takes is patience..
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 10:01 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• not sure...im kinda going thru the same thing... but my son will only tell me AFTER he has already gone... just wanted to say good luck and if u find something that works REMEMBER ME and let me in on it :):)
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 3:45 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I don't know what advise I can give you. My son is a little over 4 and he is FINALLY fully potty trained. Don't push too hard, or it will make him NOT want to do it at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:10 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• I have 3 boys and I never had them sit and pee...We would let them pee outside and they thought that was cool and then just started doing in the toilet....Potty training was never hard. We just didnt push it and let them when they were ready. And my older 2 were completely potty trained the month they turned 3. My youngest is 17 months and he shows no interest and I am not pushing it. Now if they are over 3 1/2 and still not...then buckle down...and imo that is pure laziness.
    datssumsheet

Answer by datssumsheet at 10:20 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• My son was potty trained at 2. I didn't push, but stayed consistant. He hated potty chairs & sitting to pee. I got a ring for the toilet so he didn't fall in. I got a step stool & let him stand on it. He could see & hear the pee hitting the water & loved it! You can get Piddlers (Google it). They float, are different colors, & are flushable. He tries to 'hit' them. They're fun & helped my son. I let him go outside to pee. He liked it so much he started asking me to go. If possible, have him go pee with dad. My husband wasn't sure about it, but quickly saw it was helping. Little boys want to be like Daddy.
    Praise him, make it fun, get EXCITED! Tell him how proud you are, how big he is, he is a big boy like Daddy, hugs & kisses, sing, dance... Make a chart & give him a star when he goes. When he gets X # of stars give him a small toy, a special snack... Start with 2 stars then work up to a higher #.
    Avon_Mommy

Answer by Avon_Mommy at 1:55 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• thanks everybody i will definitely try some of these things
    babybytc88

Answer by babybytc88 at 12:11 AM on Nov. 13, 2008