Are people who say "I think abortion is wrong but I cant make that decision for another woman" hypocrites?

Why or why not?

This statement came up in another question about abortion...

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 1:31 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• How are they hypocrites? Abortion is wrong for that person, but it may not be wrong for someone else.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:33 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I am most likely jumping into a pot that I shouldn't but oh well.....

No I don't think so. Just because I feel one way I don't think that everybody on the planet has to feel the same way.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 1:34 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• No. Why should I be able to make that type of decision for someone else?
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 1:34 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Its the womans choice. your own personal choice.
    kduffy

Answer by kduffy at 1:34 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I agree with you samurai... I just want to see the reasoning behind that statement.
    SleepingBeautee

Comment by SleepingBeautee (original poster) at 1:35 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• – collapse

How are they hypocrites? Abortion is wrong for that person, but it may not be wrong for someone else.

Either it's right or ot's wrong.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 1:35 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• No that is pro-choice.

Answer by louise2 at 1:35 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• No. Just because I think it's wrong it doesn't mean I can control what someone else thinks or does. I would never in a million years choose it for myself... but I simply do not impose those opinions on others; they are their own person and can believe and act however they wish. It is their choice.
    JessiFaye

Answer by JessiFaye at 1:36 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• What's hypocritical about it? I think spanking is wrong, but I don't think that means I get to tell other parents how to discipline their kids. I think smoking is wrong, but I don't think that means I get to tell other people they can't kill themselves (and everyone around them) with their disgusting nasty habit. And I think abortion is wrong. But I don't think that means I get to make the rest of the world live according to MY moral code.

Do you think the rest of the world should have to live according to YOUR moral code?
    SuperChicken

Answer by SuperChicken at 1:38 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• "Either it's right or ot's wrong"

Yeah, cause every human being thinks exactly the same & holds the same standards & values. *end sarcasm*
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:39 PM on Jan. 7, 2011