Why are people always so worried about what other people do with their bodies?

Like abortions weight and any other stupied thing people think they have a right to comment on.

peace013

Asked by peace013 at 1:37 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• The marijuana issue can effect the safety of others....pot smokers DO get behind the wheel and drive erratically, just as drinker do. THAT is where my decision to let people make their own choices stops.

Key word here is CAN. So you are fighting to reinstate alcohol prohibition? Some people get loopy from antihistamines and drive too, should outlaw them. Cig smoke CAN harm others, better get rid of those too. Turkey makes you sleepy so we should close all roads on Thanksgiving.

I agree anyone who drives impaired should be punished, severely, but I don't agree with banning a substance because SOME can't be responsible.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 2:07 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• No idea...

Don't agree with abortion, don't have one.

Don't agree with gay sex, don't have sex with someone of the same sex.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:38 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• because mst people are controlling,judgemental people who need to have constant reassurance that they are always right.i believe in choice in all areas of your life but also consideration for others.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 1:40 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• i believe in choice in all areas of your life but also consideration for others.

All areas? You sure about that? I seem to recall you making a lot of noise against marijuana, medicinal or not. Shouldn't that be ones personal choice as well?

Friday

Answer by Friday at 1:44 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• People who cant mind thier own damn busniess, its like i always say who the hell are we to judge anyone no one is perfect.
    Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 1:42 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Really? Did you really just equate ending the life of a child to not being able to Just Say No to Extra Value Meals?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:42 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• CONTROL!!!!!
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:45 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Why do people impose themselves if other people want to own a gun? Have their children read the orig Huck Fin in school? or NOT be forced to buy health insurance?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:03 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• It is mostly religious people who want to control the world.

Answer by louise2 at 1:40 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I think often times it comes down to one of two things. 1) people are busy trying not to think about their own problems, body image, and other personal issues that they only way they know how to cope is to focus on other people. and 2) Fear. They either fear what other different people might do or might be like since the way they look or the things they do with their bodies are outside of their own personal understanding. Some of that fear has some validity if you seriously think about it. Alternately, maybe it's love. For example, I hate it when my sister in law smokes, because I love her and I love her kids. She might think it wont effect anyone else when she keels over and dies, but it will. I used to smoke too, I don't try to preach but I do CARE. I don't know, I guess this question is vague.
    ashleyaction

Answer by ashleyaction at 1:41 PM on Jan. 7, 2011