i attempted to get an iud..

But my doctor couldnt get it through my uterus. she even clamped it with a-looks like an ice pic-which hurt like a..u kno what! and still no luck. has anyone else had an unsucessful iud proceudre??

JaydnsMom22

Asked by JaydnsMom22 at 1:46 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• My dr wouldnt give me one. She said they dont work for every body and that it would hurt and cause me more problems than the pill would.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 1:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• hmm, well i was willing to try it-cause i can have it in for 5yrs, and forget about taking a pill everyday. thats why i wanted it.
    JaydnsMom22

Comment by JaydnsMom22 (original poster) at 1:56 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• My doctor had a bit of a hard time inserting mine but she got it in.I got the Paraguard without the hormones and it lasts 10 years..so far so good.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:59 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• My dr had a hard time getting mine in too...she said that my cervix didnt want to open enough to get the tube through that they insert it with...it was very painful but she did manage to get it in...I dont plan to get another after the 5 years are up though...ouch. my last baby was 3 1/2 years old though and a friend of mine that had just had a baby said she bearly felt anything when she had hers placed...wonder if the lack of "exercise" of my cervix had anything to do with it...lol?
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 2:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• ive had a previous csection almost 6mths ago-my doc said it could be why-she isnt sure
    JaydnsMom22

Comment by JaydnsMom22 (original poster) at 2:43 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• fox ive birthed five babies so the pain for me was like a blip lol..it was a bit uncomfortable deffinitely not appealing..

jaydens im sorry it didnt work for you and hope something will
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:25 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• It took my md three attempts, it felts like a truck driving through me and I was stupid enough to schedule the procedure on my lunch hour (hey I needed the money was a single mom). Needless to say I had to go home. My gyn said when its time to have it changed she will do iy in the hospital under pain meds. I am out of solutions for birth control and pregnancy can para lize me.
    21lisa72

Answer by 21lisa72 at 7:36 PM on Jan. 7, 2011