Being Bullied

Have your kids experienced this in school yet? If so, what has been done about it & how has the school taken care of the issue?

BULLYING NEEDS TO STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 1:47 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• even after the one mom reported it to the school, nothing was done at school about it. Nothing further said to the kids to clarify. And they haven't talked about bullying, other than that one daily lesson. Sad.

I feel the only was for it to be stopped is to educate and prepare our kids for how to handle it, and not accept it. We have to advocate for our kids, because the school won't. We have to demand our chidren's safety while at school.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 3:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Yes my child was being threatened by another student saying he was going to stab him i took this very seriously i spoke with    the teacher & the principal turns out this child threatened everyone in the class from what i have heard from the other parents this child has been kicked out of school. Mind you my son is only in first grade so i agree bullying needs to stop and as a parent you have every right to make a complaint about it dont just let it go report it to whom ever will listen

Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 1:53 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Yea and i see allot of parents who just say kids just talk they dont mean it but hell i wouldnt take that risk kids are smarter than we think
    Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 2:04 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• unfortunately yes. kindergarten. my son (and others) were being knocked down, punched, and pushed by another classmate. I (and other parents) complained to the principal. They "interrogated" my son (several teachers, principal several times) and only spoke to the offending child once. The teacher said "boys will be boys". The school said my child should stand next to a teacher at recess if he "feels unsafe", instead of playing...stupid. The teacher would put my son in time out for 'tattling" or "to work it out" with the other child. I taught my child to "turn the other cheeck", so fed up, i told my son to push/hit him BACK (never first) and yell no! After months of dealing with the school, this was the only thing that worked. Then, once the child stopped HURTING my son, i was able to help my son help the child....cont.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 2:05 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I talked to my son about the boy more, & my son told me he didn't really have any friends. So i helped my son help the boy to learn how to be afreind, with the understanding that my son would not tolerate the violence from the boy. now they are somewhat freinds. my son does not prefer to play with the boy, but they will play together if their mutual freinds are playing together. The child made a small turn around. I know the families background, & i told the school they child's bullying was a red flag for help, but the school continued to do nothing, even to this day. If i ever have a problem with bullying again, i will do things differently. Go directly to the parents, then school board & directors, then lawyer & media if i have to. Tthe school violated my child's rights, safety, and respect by the way they handled (or lack of) the situation. We were very close to getting a lawyer as it was, and that shouldn't have to happen
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 2:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I agree it has to stop, obviously. but the schools in my city do nothing. They tried, they put up postars and told the students "bullying on school grounds is not permitted". all the kids got out of it was summerized when a few of us moms outside after school heard one boy yelling to a few other kids "ya know, as soon as we are off school grounds i have the right to beat you up!" and he didn't sound joking. he sounded very threatening, so one of the mom's went up to him and told him to stop, that he didn't have the right to touch anyone. That night i talked to my son, and he got the same message, once he left school grounds the kids could do what they wanted. That worried him, but then i told him that was not true, and he can tell his freinds, that once off school grounds, then people will call the police and it does become a matter for the police. I don't understand why the school didn't mention this. cont.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 3:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• wow stabbed? thats crazy good thing he got kicked out! can't take that lightly!
    sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 2:02 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• wow good for you boobarandbell yes the school should do more i was bullied as a kid & i will NOT tolerate it with my kids!!
    sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 2:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2011