what can you use to get pee out of a wooden floor?

i have a wooden floor and my hubbys aunt lets her darn dog pee and poop and then comes to tell me and makes me pick it up and i am ready to tell her off put i need the smell gone the worse part its in my 4 month old room witch is also a guest room. so i am asking about the wooden floor?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Pets

• I had this question about cat pee too.. someone told me you have to pull out wood, refinish, etc... what a HASSLE.. wood soaks everything right up... pet pee is the worst.
    Anonymous

• oh great!!! well i am glad i am remodeling but i didn't think i would have to do it right away i wanted to get my kitchen done first
    Anonymous

• I had this problem in a house I rented. The landlord took all the old carpeting out and they were going to replace it. Then they cleaned the wood with straight bleach. I told them they should seal the floor with poly but they didn't and laid new carpet on the top of it. Sure enough the smell permeated through. So, I would suggest the following and it has worked for me in the past: clean with vinegar and and water. This will take most of the smell and deter the animal from going on it again. Then, seal it with poly. Good luck!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Wash the floor real good, then rinse with a real strong apple cider (brown) vinegar and cool water solution. It will stink, but vinegar smells better than cat pee! If you let it dry and do this two or three times, (the vinegar rinse, not the wash) the vinegar will neutralize the cat pee so even a cat or dog can't smell it, and they have better noses than humans, so it's really gone.
    Don't under any circumstances use ammonia! It smells just like pee to them and actually attracts them to that area and encourages them to use it for a potty.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 10:40 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• try using vinagar i has always work for me just put some vinagar in your mop water and it will also prevent the dog from going back in that spot.
    Dana522

Answer by Dana522 at 10:08 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• There is a product at my local drug store that says it is good for wooden floors unlike most other products.
    nycte

Answer by nycte at 11:19 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Yes make sure it is ok for the wood floors. If the wood is not treated yet ,use this product called OUT . It has an enzyme in it that eats away the nasty stuff. Then seal it when it is dry. I have wooden floors and it worked for me. Then when the lady comes with her dog have a crate for it.
    Good luck on the cleaning job, and the ol bitty with her dog.
    doglovergranny

Answer by doglovergranny at 8:09 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Our floor refinishing guy told me just plain old Windex! If it's soaked in and discolored the wood, you need to sand it and re-stain, sorry. :(
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 10:33 PM on Nov. 12, 2008

• you can see if nature's miracle is able to be used on wood.. it does awesome things for carpet..
    Keri77

Answer by Keri77 at 1:54 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• You might have to sand that part down and stain it with stainer...or do the whole entire floor...
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 4:58 AM on Nov. 13, 2008