Is our home warm enough?

I got fed up and turned off our furnace. It's propane and so expensive. It's been in the 20's to mid 30's here and no sign of going up for a while. We have 2 convection heaters, they have a thermostat on them, and safety features so if they get bumped etc they shut off. I turned on the ceiling fans to bring the heat down , and according to our thermometer it's 70 degrees in here, and has been for the past 7 days since I turned off the gas guzzling furnace.
So is 70 warm enough for the remainder of the winter? I know it's going to get a bit colder soon... TY Ladies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Home & Garden

• 7 is awesome considering the recommended energy efficient setting is 68 in winter and 78 in summer. We keep out house around 63-64 and dress warmly.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:06 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• yes

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:04 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• 70? Wow, yes, it sure is - more than warm enough! Certainly higher than I keep mine! As long as you're comfortable, you have nothing to worry about!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 2:05 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Wow,lol... I thought I was freezing my family! My feet are always cold so I was worried they would be cold. Our boys always say, we're fine Mom, so I guess I was worrying over nothing,lol.. TY Ladies!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:09 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• We have our heaters set at 60 degrees so it sounds good to me.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:10 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• That's what I keep mine on. Probably go lower if it weren't for my kids.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 2:10 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• i keep mine between 70-75 when dh is at work but when he's home he makes me turn it down b/c he (and our ds) get hot so it is on 65 when he's home
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 2:19 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I keep mine at 63 during the night and 67 during the day, here in Northern Michigan.
    yoliplus6

Answer by yoliplus6 at 2:23 PM on Jan. 7, 2011