Are there people that...

really beleive it doesn't snow in CA?

That the entire gigantic state is all Malibu Beach in July? Really? wow

Don't pay attn to that small little corner of CA that the media chooses to show you all on TV. That is part of CA, but there's a much larger state out there that out-of-staters are never introduced to.

We got snow, mtns, desert, beaches, valleys, agricultural area, vineyards, even cowboys.

Central and Northern and Inland CA are way way different than SoCal. Even LA itself is different than the images you're given on tv. Its pretty in parts, but its also very ugly in parts, has alot of traffic, crime, crowds, run down areas, gangs and is very expensive to live in.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Travel

• Haha there are people that think that. Whenever I visit family & friends back in PA I'm always asked questions like that. I live in San Diego and love that when it does snow in our local mountains I can drive 30 minutes to go sled riding, and then drive another 30 minutes and lay out on the beach the same day. When the news does our weather report they always show 4 different forecasts - Coastal, Inland, Mountains, and Desert. They're all in our county and can vary as much as 40 degrees on the same day depending on the time of year!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:14 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• There are disbelievers everywhere. That's their perogative. Let them believe it all they want. That just means when I go to Yosemite or Sequoia I don't have to deal with them LOL :)
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:09 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I am from Washington State. Most people that do not know that their are two types of Washington state. The west side and the east side.
    I know how Cailfornia is. Northern cali is cooler then southern. And the mountaican get snow.

Answer by louise2 at 2:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I also find it interesting that most people don't know that the "real" Hollywood is actually pretty ghetto. Definitely not all the glamour and glitz in most parts lol.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Just like Del. that have beaches in the lower part of Del., we who live in Del. or S.E. Pa have to make a 2 hr ride just to get to a beach, yet we live just about on the Coast line. Funny World we live in !! I have lived in both States.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 2:26 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I sure do miss San Francisco and heading into the Sierras this time of year!
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 3:08 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• ok

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:05 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Jessica... agreed, LA was "all-that" between 1950-1988 or so, and then it all went downhill. Hollywierd is really awful, dirty, hookers, crime. Its a real eye-opener.

And why people don't think we ski and snowboard here, I got no clue. To me, thats akin to thinking all Texans are cowboys and wear cowboy hats, and of course some do, but not ALL! ;-)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:21 PM on Jan. 7, 2011