Whats the difference between...

Fantasizing in your mind and getting off
and watching porn and getting off.

The end result is the same. Yet people seem more concerned about porn than the other. If someone wants to get off, then they will, no amount of complaining about it is going to stop it, we're not joined at the hip with our SOs/DHs 24/7.

So basically even if they were to stop watching it, they'd still think about it and fantasize, so whats the difference?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Just for Fun

• The difference.............. Is in the eye of the beholder....

Really it is.. To me there really isn't any difference. I also see no difference in a man watching porn and masturbating to the images and a woman reading a steamy romance novel or erotic novel and masturbating to thoughts of one of her favorite characters (think of how many women have masturbated to thoughts of: The Twilight guys, or the Characters in Sookie Stackhouse, or the Characters in the Anita Blake books...just to name a few)...... I see no difference in those things.

However, there are many who do see a difference. That's why I say : The difference is in the eye of the beholder........
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:14 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• It really does simply break down to not just understanding the male/female differences in regards to sexual/emotional/physical stimulation and release, but also accepting those differences as well.

Now. Some people aren't okay with either scenerio I listed.. Which is cool to. Each of us is different. However, I do feel that for those who are okay with one and not with the other, should really take an honest and open look at the two things. A man wishing that his wife would whither, moan, and get funky like a porn star, is really no different than a woman wishing that her husband would woo her/romance her and make love to her like a good character from a movie/tv show/ or book does. Both are fantasies, both are unreal expectations on some levels, both thoughts are wanting your partner to take on attributes of a fantasy. The only difference is: one is actually acted out for all to so, the other is created in the mind....
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:33 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• i agree with pixie
    san78

Answer by san78 at 2:37 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• For me I would say the problem is weather or not it is an obsession. I would love my husband to come to me and give me the option of being his sexual partner instead of his hand.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 5:43 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• VERY good analogy, Pixie. I hadn't thought of that, you're right!

Its simply a matter of what the difft genders prefer to get turned on. Men like something visual (seeing hot women), whereas women like something more emotional (reading the steamy novel)... yeah if men liked steamy novels, then women would understand better and probably not have as much anxiety over it since they'd be able to relate to it (or vice versa if women liked porn, they see what men like about it and totally get it).
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:18 PM on Jan. 7, 2011