I had the Down Syndrome Blood test (2nd part) yesterday...

I am 42 and 17 weeks pregnant. Has anyone else had this test?? What were the results? Any thoughts or words of wisdom? I will get results next week.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I did not have the blood test. I had an amniocentesis though. It is nerve wracking waiting for results. Try to occupy your mind on other things. No sense wasting energy worrying when you don't know if there is something to worry about. %There is plenty of time for that later. Take a deep breath and try to relax. Good Luck.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:11 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I opted NOT to get the test because they are OFTEN wrong. and besides.. at this point. iT would cause nothing but stress
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 2:12 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Keep in mind the blood test is testing for red flags of DS not DS it's self. Just because it detects a red flag doesn't mean your child actually has DS. Just relax Relax. :0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:14 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• The test is often wrong... I had a friend that got it done and they told her the baby did have DS, turns out the baby did not have it. I would try to put it out of my head and realize that the results are not always accurate.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 2:22 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• i did and everything was fine with both my kids. relax and breath.
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 3:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2011