I am applying for a job as a Substitute Teacher and its been 3 years since I applied for a job! Does anyone have any great ideas to put as job skills? thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Money & Work

• Knowledge of computer software and operating systems (mac v. pc.)
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 2:10 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Do you have any previous job experience? Around here, it doesn't really matter what you put down as job skills on the substitute application. As long as you have a clean criminal record, you can pretty much get put on the substitute list. The key is to get teachers to request YOU instead of putting in a generic substitute request. I love substituting - good luck!

Answer by missanc at 2:21 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• List your continuing education credits, any volunteer work you may have done, etc.

Remember, stay-at-home parents have lots of skills that employers value, like logistics, time management, budgeting, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:40 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• These ladies have given you great advice. I don't think I could be much help as far as what to put down as job skills because it has been awhile since I have had to do that myself. However, once you get the job, please join us at Substitute Teacher Moms group. We can help you with any questions you may have about the job itself. Good Luck!

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:53 PM on Jan. 7, 2011