What's my due date???

Okay...second pregnancy and I went into this thinking that my first ultrasound would have the most accurate due date which is May 30. That's how it went with my son. I mean it was dead on. My due date, with him, was Nov 16 and I had him at 1am on Nov 17. But now with this one the nurse was arguing with me telling me not to go by the ultrasound ever! So she went with the LMP which would make in Jun 5. I mean no big deal cause (IF I make it through this pregnacy, God willing) I'll probably have him early since I'm having complications already. But I'd just like to know anyways. A lot has changed in two years on how they handle pregnancies.

Dayija

Asked by Dayija at 2:10 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Your due date usually goes by your LMP, ultrasounds go by the baby's measurements, not all baby's measure the same. I always went with my LMP
    Proud_Mommy05

Answer by Proud_Mommy05 at 2:18 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• they base it on U/S where i go, but since its just an estimate LMP usually works (unless your periods are very irregular)
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 2:19 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• It goes by the first day of your last period, your LMP. Don't count implantation bleeding if you had any.
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 2:22 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I cant remember my lmp so myself and the doctor are basing mine off the ultrasound
    michellesgirls2

Answer by michellesgirls2 at 2:24 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Your best bet it to go by your LMP. It can constantly change with ultrasounds. Because of growth spurts. Plus it is just and estimate. There is no way to tell when you will have the baby. Only baby knows that. So just relax and enjoy.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 3:19 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• My doctors have always gone by LMP, only changing it if the early ultrasound estimate was off by more than a few days. MOST accurate is knowing for sure when you ovulated, then there's no guesswork at all. Barring that, ultrasound is next because there's not much difference in the early weeks, and development follows a pretty set schedule. If your period is regular, though, that can be about as accurate; not so much if they're irregular.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:41 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• My LMP was 22 Apr, which would mean 25~27 of January would be my due date...
    My 1st ultrasound is what my DR is basing my due date on, and that is 3 Mar!!!
    MAJOR DIFFERENCE!!!
    smokisses

Answer by smokisses at 4:16 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• BTW, my LMP's EDD is a 5 week difference from the 1st U/S EDD...

I also meant to say that my very last ultrasound, done 22 Dec (2D, 3D, 4D U/S) confirmed my EDD is 25 Jan (which is the same EDD as my LMP!).

EDD = Estimated Due Date...
    LMP = Last Menstrual Perios
    U/S = Ultrasound
    smokisses

Answer by smokisses at 4:29 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• You really should stick with your LMP (first day) to be as close as possible. In my 2nd pregnancy, he was showing large the entire time. They kept repeating ultrasounds and continued asking me my LMP because he was so big. I am a very petite person and they tested my twice for diabetes with negative results. So, my point is, even the U/S techs, doctors and my OB continued to question my due date...all because of my baby's size. He came along at 38 weeks exactly, just like my daughter 2 years before. (My daughter was only 7lbs 5oz, my boy was a 10 pounder!) Regardless, due dates are never completely on the mark, just an estimate. Best to you!
    Heidi70

Answer by Heidi70 at 4:35 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I would just expect the baby to be born before jun 20th :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 5:07 PM on Jan. 7, 2011