Any ideas on childcare?

I need reliable inexpensive childcare for my children. The person watching my children has gone back and forth with money issues and other issues with watching my children and just told me today that she won't watch my children anymore. I am in need of someone ASAP. I recieve assistance for paying for childcare and they gave me papers with providers, but not one of them was able to watch my children. I have asked every church in my neighborhood. This lady is from one of them, and wasn't very moral or ethical. Does anyone have other ideas? Please help. My two oldest are school age and need care before and afterschool.

Flaca43

Asked by Flaca43 at 9:24 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in General Parenting

• I would put an ad out looking for someone to share child care responsibilities with. List the hours you typically work and see if there is someone out there who's kids you could watch in trade for her watching yours while you work.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:38 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Yeah BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 12:40 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Did you try daycare i think daycare (a good one) is good for children it helps them socially
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 1:00 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Check with your work to see if they offer discounts at any centers. Or if there are enough people there, you could maybe start a program like that. check yoru state website for home care and day care options. They should have a site that lets you know the inpsection results. Also, advertise at the local college for teaching students who could watch your child. SOme colleges even have day cares associated with their teaching programs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Nov. 12, 2008