My husband does not know the word OURs, US, or WE

I'm so tired to feeling like I"m not a part of this marriage. I stay at home with the kids and I homeschooled them for 4 years. He would never leave me money when he would go to work. One time our daughter got sick and I had no money to take her to the Doctor.
I applied for a credit card to use for these emergencies, unfortunetly now I'm just about bankrupt. He says since I m not working and didn't pay the mortgage, then our house is only His because I didn't contribulte. Even though he had made me quit my job to stay home with the kids and he said he would pay for the bills. He now refers to everything as "HIS". THe house, the insurance, the kids, the cars. He says I own Nothing. "Ours" is not in his vocabulary. I'm old fashioned about marraige and believe that everything should be ours, including problems, feelings and decisions. He makes me like I don't even exist and I have nothing , but heart arche.

Cyndi915

Asked by Cyndi915 at 2:34 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• Your house is half if you are his wife. In most states except Mass I believe.
    Anonymous

• He sounds really selfish,and wrong. U r totally right!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:40 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• This is a form of abuse. He won't change, don't ask me how I know.....
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 2:40 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• He sounds like a Jack A#$...sorry. Honey, grow some balls, and tell him if this isn't "OUR LIFE TOGETHER" then you don't need to be around! Seriously. Selfish is all I have to say.
    Anonymous

• im sorry your husband is putting you threw this but he is wrong for doing that i hope it all works out for you mama
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 2:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Thank you everyone! I also want to add here, that through all the things that he says. He also tells me that I'm the selfish one.
    He has me almost brainwashed into thinking its all me!
    He turns everything around to where its all my fault. It could rain and he would make me feel like I did it.
    I'm so confused! :(
    Cyndi915

Comment by Cyndi915 (original poster) at 2:57 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• gl, momma we are here for you and believe me we are rooting for you.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 2:58 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Prove him wrong. Divorce him and see who ends up with 1/2 or more of everything.
    FroggyFeet

Answer by FroggyFeet at 3:04 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Consult an attorney, most states have legal aid. See what you can do about a divorce. Go out and get a job. Let him take care of his kids and his house....
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 3:19 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• pack YOUR bags and YOUR kinds and leave HIS house then. u don't need that shit. no self respecting woman would tolerate that. i hope things work out for you.
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 5:48 PM on Jan. 7, 2011