Why are we so quick to judge others?

I have read so many questions and usually they end up in debate, or drama. We are wives, moms, and grandmas, and yet so many times we end up in debate and drama.

PA-PAGrandma

Asked by PA-PAGrandma at 2:41 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• Well, sister..all that may be true but, the question was not about " people, in the course of living their every day lives and interacting with friends and professional colleagues ". In the real world, I do not walk around with a tag on my breast that says goodwitch399 and a hat that says 'Debate-Politics & Current Events' and only frequent and talk to other Moms. There is a big difference between the real world and CafeMom and I simply gave my reply as it relates to me, I can not speak for others and how they think and feel. I do tend to agree with your last line though! LOL
    goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 2:15 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I would hope questions in the debate section end up in a debate. If not, somebody's doing it wrong.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:44 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Well...this is a debate forum.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 2:42 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• This is the debate section. Politics can be a very passionate subject. I am sure most of the ladies here (including those I disagree with about politics) are perfectly lovely IRL. This is the internet, people should try not to take things so personal.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:43 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Yeah...this portion is for debate. I will give it to you, it gets personal sometimes, but it's the internet. I don't care who thinks I'm stupid.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:47 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Does debate generally involve rudeness or personal insults?

I take it you've never seen British Parliament?

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:03 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I am just here for something to do, to laugh and have fun and have a little entertainment. Sometimes I get serious but, most times my answers are tongue-in-cheek or out right smart-ass answers. It is good to see what other people think and sometimes post what I really think but, I am under no illusions that what I have to say here with my opinions are really of any great world changing significance. I wish it did sometimes but, the reality of it is, we are just everyday people who can come here and spend time with other everyday people. We can get mean and we can get nasty sometimes but, if we take ourselves and our opinions so seriously that we can't let it roll off our back, laugh and give it back, then maybe we should consider if this is really the section we want to be in. With all that said, I love to make people laugh and that is, for the most part, what I try to do.
    goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 3:43 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• CafeMom can thank it's pure existence on the judgement of woman on woman. Why do you think they added the thumbs up or down? You don't get it do you? This site is making around 30 million a year by encouraging women to judge other women. The members are only doing what they are " supposed" to be doing.

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 3:05 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• In addition, look at the posts made by someone like Pixie Trixie, who occasionally joins in the fun...She consistently brings valid, factual points to the discussion, yet never demeans or insults others in her replies. She is an example of a person who knows how to state per POV without hitting anyone over the head for having a differing opinion. Respectfully disagreeing or agreeing to disagree, are not processes that come easily to many, IMO-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 3:06 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I agree with Sisteract that many people never learned how to debate ideas without personally attacking others or taking things too personally themselves. I find it discouraging too. Sometimes I participate in the section, and sometimes I don't. Just depends on my mood that day...or that week. I didn't even come over here last week, but I've been on here on and off the last couple days. I actually like to hear from people who different perspectives than I do, but not when people just start name calling and not even trying to discuss the question(s).
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 5:05 PM on Jan. 7, 2011