Why do we worry more with the 2nd pregnancy than the first?

I had my son over 5 years ago and didn't worry as much. I just found out that I was pregnant and am worried about everything. Why is this? You would think you would worry more the first go round!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I didn't worry with any of my pregnancies, really. I spent my time enjoying my pregnancies. What are you so worried about?
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 2:46 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• not me, i was WAY more worried with my first... i think it was because i had a MC before i got pregnant with my son... so far this pregnancy ive been pretty laid back
    Anonymous

• Maybe because you've already been through one and kind of know what to expect?
    Vix920

Answer by Vix920 at 2:47 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I worry about miscarriage but more than anything else I think is downs syndrome and birth defects!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:47 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I was just thinking that of my 3rd! With my first two the only fear was miscarriage. I had some anxiety towards the end of my second because it was a repeat c-sec.
    Now with the 3rd I am terrified of everything, from stretching wrong to a random 2 year olds leg doing damage. For me it is simply that too much information has been shoved in my face with this pregnancy!
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 2:56 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I am 5 months pregnant now and not worried about it. I want to enjoy my pregnancy not worry the whole time over things I cannot prevent. My fiance and I already decided that even if the child is born with down syndrome that we would still have it. Whatever God gives us..he gives us, and if this baby is meant to come into this world then it will. Both my son and this pregnancy have one wonderfully so far so I have no need to worry.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:06 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I was mainly scared I couldnt love them both. That i'd be so focused on the new baby i'd forget about my toddler..I was terrified cause I knew more with my 2nd and it scared me for some reason! lol But Now that I have them both my heart just grew to accomodate the love I have for both of them!
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 3:09 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• We DON'T worry more about the second pregnancy. Why would you? You have been through it before,.SO why worry?
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 3:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• i wouldnt worry, my mom was 34 when she had me and i dont have down syndrome or birth defects :p
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 3:26 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Between first and third pregnancy I did miscarry. So with this one I'm terrified. Even with my first, I worried up until he was born. Then after that I worried about SIDS, after that I worried about him choking, now I worry that he'll get kidnapped when we go to Walmart. I think as mothers we're just worriers.
    Joelygirl

Answer by Joelygirl at 5:32 PM on Jan. 12, 2011