Are you in pain?

I'm 23 weeks pregnant and having a lot of pain. Not just ligament pain, although, I'm definitely feeling that too. It's like stretching and tightness around my belly button. And I can't walk or stand much without it getting to the point where I'm in tears.

My OB has scheduled an appointment for Jan. 18th but she doesn't seem to be concerned. I've been in the hospital three times with dehydration and they don't seem to do much about it, not even an IV the last time. I'm still feeling the baby move a LOT so I'm not worried about her, I'm just wondering if I'm going to be feeling like this for the next 16 + weeks or so.

EwansMommy

Asked by EwansMommy at 2:46 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I am soo sorry, and I hope you feel better soon!
    I was horribly sick the first 4 & 1/2 months of my pregnancy, I was a vegan, and then, my 5th month, I was all better (well, not 100%!), and I started eating meats and now, at 32 weeks I can eat anything I want...
    BTW, during my horrible morning sickness, I had massive cramps, and I just drank water, 24/7, that helps with the dehydration. You need to drink a lot more water, chika!
    smokisses

Answer by smokisses at 7:37 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Thanks, I'm really trying. The first 16 or 17 weeks were AWFUL! I puked all the time and then when I'd try to drink water, it made me puke, too. It was bad. I've been able to eat a bit more, lately (though I'm still losing weight) and I think that's causing the baby to grow a bit faster, now which is causing the stretching. I think I'm just feeling it more because I'm 137 lbs thinner than I was with my last pregnancy. That's just my theory, though.

I'll try to drink more water. Thanks for the encouragement!
    EwansMommy

Comment by EwansMommy (original poster) at 8:06 PM on Jan. 7, 2011