im 36 weeks (is it wrong for me to switch drs this late in the game?) my dr right now doesnt make me feel comfortable about having him do my repeat c-section!

Im terrified and I try to talk to him about my fears and worries and he really doesnt say much. He definitely doesn't say anyhting to calm my fears irrational or not.

randibosin

Asked by randibosin at 2:48 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Being comfortable with your doctor or surgeon is very important, especially when you're dealing with two lives (yours and baby's). And although C-sections are common and chances are nothing will go wrong, your level of mental comfort is of utmost importance at this stage of the game. I just went through it. It is scary and stressful dealing with surgery and if I hadn't been comfortable with my surgical team, I definitely would have shopped around. So go with your intuition, if not just to ease your own mind.
    beshka76

Answer by beshka76 at 3:49 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I think you should use the doctor of YOUR choice. Having a baby is a very intimate and life changing process and event, you do not NEED to be uncomfortable.

If I were you, I'd totally switch. Though you're likely going to have a very hard time finding a new doctor to accept you this late in your pregnancy.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 2:50 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• HECK NO!! IF your umcomfy ...Switch doc's!
    mmabond04

Answer by mmabond04 at 2:50 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• IMO, If you are uncomfortable then really labor is the only time its too late to switch!! You must trust the person who will cut you open completely!
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 2:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I think you'll have a hard time finding a doctor willing to take you on so late in your pregnancy, but it isn't wrong for you to want to switch.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 2:50 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• If you aren't comfortable then you NEED to switch. It is hard to relax if you are not happy with who is attending to you.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• out of curiosity why would it be hard to find a doctor to take you this late? Does it matter?
    Anonymous

• You will def. have a difficult time finding a doctor who will want to take you on this late in pregnancy. I wanted to switch because my Dr. wouldnt tell me wtf was going on with my baby with its heart..3 ultrasounds and it was constantly a different diagnosis and he just kept telling me not to worry. All the dr.s i tried wouldnt take me. So I had to stay. But atleast try to switch. I would say you never know which doctor will deliver your baby but with a C-section thats different. Good luck
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 2:56 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• When you make your next appt, ask to see another dr in the office. I tried to switch drs with my 2nd baby but ended up going back to who I had the first time, but I was only 20 wks. Its all about you being comfortable.
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 3:06 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• There are 5 drs in the particular ob and I've seen a few of them throughout this pregnancy so I think they'll let me switch if I stay with the same ob office/hospital. Is it better to have the same dr who did ur first c section?? I was thinking of trying him.
    randibosin

Comment by randibosin (original poster) at 2:59 PM on Jan. 7, 2011