Do you like single mom?

I am tired of single women having sex and having kids. And than going on welfare and Wic

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in General Parenting

• I have no problem with single moms...I was one for a little bit after my daughter was born. The difference is that I wasn't on any form of assistance or WIC, I had one degree and was working on a second, and was completely self sufficient. Not all single mom's are "in the system".
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:31 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Well first of all WIC is not welfare!! I do agree with you, to some point. If you can not afford to feed and cloth your children then don't have anymore. But as I know from personal experience accidents do happen, and that is something that you have to life with. Yes there are many options out there but some people are careless. Why does it bother you so bad? Are YOU so well off that you have never and will probably never need any kind of assistance? And I'm not just talking about from the government, but even from family and friends? Because if you've never asked for help or money then good for you!!!!
    Anonymous

• Well I am a single mom not by choice though. I was married and have been in a few relationships and yes at times I need assistance. I work 40 hours a week so it is not like I don't pay for anything myself. I do understand what you mean about some women who have kids and just don't care about being responsible. But it is less than half of all single mothers that are on welfare and don't do anything to better there situation.
    purplemouse

Answer by purplemouse at 9:39 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I chose to be a single mom because I really never enjoyed marriage but, I was a successful career woman at the time making great money. Life has changed since then and I have found myself going through my retirement money to save my house. If I am not getting WIC or welfare is only because I am lucky to have the support of my relatives who know this is temporary and know that I am good for it. I would never feel bitter about anyone choosing to become a single, loving , responsible parent. There are a lot of "couples" out there who choose not work and collect WIC and welfare and drink and play all day. I don't think you should look at the marital status when you are talking about welfare or WIC.
    Avon_Calling

Answer by Avon_Calling at 9:40 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• is there only one? or is every one of them making you angry? silliest question i have read today.
    JumpingHoops

Answer by JumpingHoops at 9:50 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• You are ridiculous. I am a (not for much longer) single mom..and I am on WIC. And I will be on WIC AFTER I AM NO LONGER A SINGLE MOM. I am a student in college, so I need assistance. I wasn't always a single mom, but my ex-husband left me when I was 5 months pregnant. So yeah, to answer your question..I like single moms. I am one. And many NON-SINGLE mothers need assistance too. So shut it. Thanks. I'm tired of people on here bashing single moms. It's not like all of us asked to be single. Ugh. We don't all have perfect lives with loads of money. Get over it.
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 10:43 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• some people need help. just cause you dont agree with what some women have done, doesnt mean you should say such things. cause its not for her, its for her KIDS.
    Anonymous

• Who cares...............
    BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 12:39 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Some people make mistakes, it's not the single moms on assistance its the single moms on assistance sitting home on their ass collecting welfare and doing nothing to better themselves ot their children. Or the ones who drive to the department of job services in a cadillac with their hair and nails to the tens. i am on assistance for daycare and foof but i am also a full time nursing student and mother and i love my daughter and if it weren't for DJFS i would probably work at a minimun wage job forever because i couldn't leave my daughter in daycare all day till night so i coulf work and go to school and never see her.
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 12:59 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• i'm a single mom, i was married he left, and so I am so sorry you are sick of me, not
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Nov. 12, 2008