For those of you against all war?

How do you celebrate July 4th? Is it a day of mourning for you?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 2:53 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• GOOD ONE!
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 2:57 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Huh?
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 3:01 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Really Really Really Good One Lovin. big hand clap over here for ya today.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 3:02 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I don't know anyone against war...I know of people who are against the current was we are involved in. After nine years, they are wondering why the hell we're still there...
    Anonymous

• I agree with ANON.
    4th of July was when they signed the Declaration of Independence. WHat does that have to do with fighting a war in Afghanistan?
    WWII was the last legitimate war fought by anyone.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 3:07 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Hey a war is a war. Their are soldiers getting killed in Afghanistan just like WWII
    Anonymous

• I agree, Kerp. Independence Day is when a document was signed and is not in remembrance of a war. Memorial Day or Veteran's Day are about wars.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 3:14 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Soldiers should not be getting killed in Afghanistan.they need to be brought home now. Or at least the military should be alowed to fight against the Genocide in other countries which would be a legitimate reason for fighting.
    I am so araid for our men and women in Afghanistan. They don't deserve to die for the politcians agendas.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 3:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• It's a celebration of our Independence...won in a WAR.
    lovinangels

Comment by lovinangels (original poster) at 3:17 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• You know how many here talk about time, place, history and relevance to today when discussing topics such as slavery and the Native Americans? This is similar to how I look at the fourth. If one refuses to take responsibility for the evils that have been done because they were "not there" to actually participate in the atrocities, can they then turn around and revel in the positives that have occurred in the distant past? Hence, I generally say a quiet "thank you" and move on, no huge celebration on the fourth. Further, isn't it different when you are defending yourself on your own property? If we had advanced on the British in England, would people have the same feelings?

The activities in the ME are so skewed, the mission so convoluted- you can not win without clear motives and plans. We are fighting an opposition that operates on a level that is so foreign to us-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 3:18 PM on Jan. 7, 2011