We have a Brand new Speaker of theHouse!! What is your opinion of him?

PA-PAGrandma

Asked by PA-PAGrandma at 2:57 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I like what he says, we will see what he does. Pelosi was going to "clear the swamp" but proved to be one of the snakes.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 3:08 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• watching and waiting. Watching and waiting.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:59 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• My opinion? He is a politician so I doubt I can trust what he says unless he shows it with action. He seems a tad emotional at times (it doesn't really bother me). I like what he's had to say since midterms (since Dems held super majority until then I didn't hear much from him prior). I think it will get more interesting going forth and look forward to hearing what he has to say when he doesn't have a speech ready. That's pretty much all I have right now.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:05 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I am not fan of Boehner.. He is one crooked Washington Player.. He will take money from any lobbyist/special interest, and make it worth their while. He spends more time "fund raising" and golfing than he does legislating.. He is NOT the best person for the job, if the Republican party is really serious about wanting to start cutting off special interest, cutting budgets (Boehner loves voting for big money things like TARP, NCLB,, and others if it pays off for him) and getting government cut down and back on track. He is a Washington player through and through...
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:03 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• No opinion he hasnt been there long enough for me to have one.

Answer by gemgem at 3:10 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• pixie, I wasn't aware of any of this, I am very sorry to hear it!  I hope this will not be his course...

He seems to be sincere, he seems to support THE PEOPLE and it seems that he is trying desperately to do what we the people, want done.  So, I choose to have confidence and faith in him and the Republicans, I pray that they will make changes that we truly can believe in; Changes that will be beneficial to us and our country, unlike the economy destroying, reckless, no end in sight, spending that has brought us to this point of near collapse...

God willing, things will change for the better!  

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 3:20 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• He is giving the late night hosts and comedians so much material. lol. For example, his orange tan, his crying moments and his new "big Gavel"....said to be over compensating....LOL.
    We shall see how things go,tho.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 4:36 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Well, by virtue of NOT being Nancy Pelosi, he already starts out ok in my book. Guess time will tell from here.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 4:39 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I am going to wait and see...but he seems to be a nice person.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 3:01 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Wow,Pixie,I didn't know. Hmmmm. Well,then,I will still wait and see what happens.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 3:05 PM on Jan. 7, 2011