Anyone ever have the flu and went into labor?

My hubby got sick on Wed, then I woke up this morning not feeling well. My almost 2 year started coughing this morning too. So it looks like we all got it. My due date is 3 days away and I am scheduled to be induced in 5 days... just wondering what will happen if I go into labor now.....will baby have to be taken away from me until I am better? Will my hubby be able to be my coach still? also how long does flu last? its like the body aches, chest congested and headache with a small fever kind of flu....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in General Parenting

• I haven't but I think for the hours you are having the baby your flu symptoms won't be your main concern anymore. At least during that time.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 3:27 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I would give my doctor a heads up and tell him/her what is going on. Yes. they will take the baby because the baby has not had any shots to build up their immune systems.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:27 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• If you or anyone is running a fever, they will generally take the baby to prevent any illnesses passed onto the infant. They will more than likely let your husband remain in the room though as long as he has a facial mask on. That is what they do here.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 4:21 PM on Jan. 7, 2011