Have you ever taken your child(ren) to Disneyland?

At what age did you take your kids to Disneyland? How old were they when they loved it? Do you remember your first time?

I'm considering a trip this year. My DD is 3, and will be 4 in August. I remember LOVING Disneyland, and I'm just hoping she will too.

What do you think?

mrskrisher

Asked by mrskrisher at 3:46 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Travel

• I went to Disney World for my first time when I was 3. I don't remember all of it, but I do remember bits and pieces, like I remember my grandparents buying me a Donald Duck hat and his beak squeaked when you pressed it.

My kids were each 3 the first times they went, but have been back a few times since, so while I don't know what they remember from the first time....I can tell you that they absolutely had a blast and we have pictures to show them and remind them of the fun they had.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 4:49 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• We first took the kids when our youngest was 2.5. I know that he remembers the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. He was and is obsessed with Pirates and Captain Jack Sparrow. We went again when he was 4.5. I think we might be due again this summer, and he'll be 6.5. My other kids are 5 & 7 years older than he is so they always went on rides and had a great time.

We just saw an article that Disney is planning a new park in Israel. That got my kids excited. To be able to go visit family and go to Disney in one trip. And they'll be able to go with their cousins - triple bonus.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:42 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• She will love it! but,at her age she might get scared of the big animals walking around instead of excited. I would wait until age 5.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:47 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Nope, and don't plan to until they're a little older. Our youngest is 7 and I can't say I remember anything at 7 and we went on trips everywhere.... When he's about 10 then we will consider going.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:47 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• We haven't yet. Our youngest is 3, so it will be a few more years yet.
    August07Mom

Answer by August07Mom at 3:48 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I went for the first time when I was eight and I remember a lot of it. We are planning on taking our children next year. My daughter will be almost five then.
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 3:49 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I took D to Disneyworld last year for his 4th birthday. I was going to wait till he turned 5 but he got in free that year so we went with my brother. He had an absolute blast!! He rode the kid's rollar coaster 8 times and Pirates of the Carribean 3 times. He was only scared at the Haunted Mansion but even then he did well. Not sure if Disneyland is that different or not. D could go on most of the rides but he is tall for his age.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 3:54 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• We are going on a Disney cruise next summer, my dd will be 5.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 3:57 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• we just took our oldest (4) to Disney World in November. she loved it so much! i think 4 is a good age to start.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:05 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I think our boys were 6 and 9 when we went the first time. We made sure they were tall enough to go on most of the rides (heights which you can find on their website). We waited until they were a little older so they would remember it. We have gone twice. It was fabulous both times. Have fun!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:50 PM on Jan. 7, 2011