potty training q

My son is basically potty trained (27mo). He doesn't want to wear diapers anymore. He hardly ever has an accident (only when there is a lot of activity). The problem is he is terrified of the toilet. I try to get him to sit facing back or forward and he freaks. He has went on it before several times, but all of a sudden refuses. He' s never had a bad experience with the toilet. He sees me use it and he loves to flush it. I am trying to get him off diapers except to sleep but can't take him out of the house if he won't go on a toilet! Any suggestions????

bugfin

Asked by bugfin at 3:53 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We have one of those potty seats that sits on the toilet and a stool for them to get up there. In time when I didn't have the seat, I have just held on to them and assured them that they wouldn't fall.
    foxy420_1

Answer by foxy420_1 at 11:41 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• Don't go back to diapers/pull ups! Just bring a potty seat that sits on the actual potty with you. Don't worry, he will get it. Has he tried standing?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:04 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Buy him pullups for when u go out. They will make him think they r underwear and they give the protection of a diaper.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:55 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Will he go outside? My brother went outside until he was 5.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 4:26 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• ds would freak out if we were useing a public restroom. i would have to cover the sensor so it didnt flush and if there was an option of using a family restroom we would do that. could be ur son is scared of the bathroom in public.
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 4:40 PM on Jan. 7, 2011