Need toilet training tips please!!!!

My son is 2 1/2 and he will go on the potty at his grandma's house every weekend, all weekend long-but when he comes home trying to get him to go for me is impossible. He will scream, bite, kick, punch, and pull my hair....I have tried every type of training seat, and have even tried to get him to go by standing up on a stool...still nothing

SamCam0308

Asked by SamCam0308 at 3:53 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I still have to train a boy as my 1st was a girl....just keep trying....and what I did with my girl was sat with her for a whole hour or more with books and a bag of chips until she went I will do the same with my boy it worked and always have the potty out. GL.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 4:09 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Then I would go to grandma's until he is confident and the diapers are gone. Maybe a week?
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 4:25 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Try doing it exactly as it is done at Grandma's. Does she reward him? Is it a more relaxed atmosphere?
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:45 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• My son took a long time to potty train fully, he was a little past 3 when it finally happened. I know this probably sounds, I don't know, country or redneck or whatever, but we started letting him run around the house naked or just in underwear, that helped him learn really fast what happend when he didn't go to the potty. He also figured out that he did NOT like to be wet or to pee on the floor. We also just completely stopped using diapers, that way there was no "safety net"- he had to try to make it himself. It didn't take but 1 or 2 times of peeing on the floor and he was done. I think they have to figure out what happens on their own before they know what to do. I do advise keeping him on the linoleum somewhere though! lol
    foxy420_1

Answer by foxy420_1 at 11:39 AM on Jan. 8, 2011