horses as an american dish?

I just read an article on here about a group of people trying to get horses back on the menu!! I' m 100% against it, but what about everyone else??

blondie_mommy87

Asked by blondie_mommy87 at 3:54 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Ew!
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 3:55 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• It weirds me out a bit, but then again, why not? Maybe it's really delicious and we just have no idea. I used to think the idea of beef tartar was gross, but now it's my favorite dish.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 3:57 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• THIS IS WHY I WOULDN'T

How are horses slaughtered? Horses are slaughtered by the use of the captive bolt, a four inch retractable nail. The horses are hit repeatedly in the forehead with the captive bolt which is supposed to render the horse unconscious. One hind leg is then shackled and the horse is lifted into the air upside down to have its throat cut and be bled out. Undercover investigations have shown that horses have been hoisted into the hair while still conscious. The terrified horses can smell the blood, can hear the horses in front of them being killed and see other horses hanging in the air. Horses shake violently in the knockbox from fear and try desparately to avoid the captive bolt, scrambling and falling on the blood and urine soaked floor of the knockbox.

genagina

Answer by genagina at 4:01 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Someone in my office had some a few weeks ago. He liked it! I wouldn't try it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:01 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• ya, I remember watching a new special when I was 8 about slaughterhouses for horses. I still have nightmares. the sounds, everything about it is so horrible. it's so inhumane. I heard it is good, but I wouldn't even go in a restaurant that served it.
    blondie_mommy87

Comment by blondie_mommy87 (original poster) at 4:03 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• It's Gross!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 4:10 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I always thought it was weird that horse meat isn't sold in this country. There are enough horses getting put down to sell horse meat at least in limited quantities.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:21 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• it doesnt matter if its grossed the whole idea of it is sick minded!

too bad I had to read ginagena's answer to finally say

MEAT IS MURDER
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 4:39 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• There are enough varieties of other meats available, so I'll stick with beef, pork, poultry, seafood and venison for now.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 4:50 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I ride horses, I love horses, they are majestic animals....would never ever ever eat them.
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 9:30 PM on Jan. 7, 2011