How come men are such big babies when they have a simple cold, my husband came home today (Friday) this is his week end off and before I can say much he says he says "dont expect much this weekend I have a cold and i need rest". I guess the 2-3 hours he spends a night or morein the family room with the door closed watching movies isnt enough- according to him him that is leisure time. Men are wonderful arent they?

21lisa72

Asked by 21lisa72 at 3:54 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• I would tell him. Sense you have a cold. Don't ask for sex then this week end. You need your rest.

Answer by louise2 at 4:18 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I can SOOOOO relate. Around thanksgiving I had pneumonia, it is the sickest I have been in my life. A few days later he gets s cold and expects me to take care of him.

That man cold video was hilarious!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:04 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• ever seen that episode of the cosby show where bill gets a cold and clare says "a woman could have a cold, the flu, pneumonia, and a broken leg and keep going. a man gets the case of the sniffles and he's all 'i'm so sick, can you make me chicken soup'"
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 4:09 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I keep reading about men like this on CM... I can only speak in regards to my husband though.. He is not like that. The man could be dying and he would get up and go to work, no matter how sick he is he works, he helps around the house, and he makes light of it.. On the other hand though. He totally freaks out, over baby's me and treats me like I'm an invalid when I'm sick..Even if it is just a cold..

So my complaint about my husband is the opposite in this regards than most I see here.. My husband does not slow down and take care of himself (or allow me to take care of him.. lol) when he's sick. However, he treats like an invalid waiting on me hand and foot, doing for me, making sure I have everything I need/want..etc.. when I'm sick.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:12 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Well Duh its a man cold!!!!
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 3:55 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• yeah lol go youtube 'man cold' its a hilarious video :p
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 3:56 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• sickSo sorry!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:56 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Oh dear god!!!
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 4:01 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• ha ha ha.....you made me laugh.....mine isn't as big as a baby as most but what do I get when I am sick??????

I get to clean, take care of kids, run errands, work...etc. WHAT does he do???He gets to REST! He wonders why I get sick more and I don't even get sick alot and why my crap lingers because I don't get to effin rest!!!!! LOL
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 4:32 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• you're preaching to the choir! my dh stays up until 3am (he works until 1130) and then is all i'm sooooo tired i can't wake up until noon or later. oh, but you want to come home and wake me up? and i still have to get up early in the morning for ds? right...and complains when i ask him to put his dishes in the dishwasher (you know, after i made dinner, cleaned all the pots and pans, and made him a lunch for work).
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 4:48 PM on Jan. 7, 2011