Should I Just Go Ahead and Go? Long, and possible TMI adult content

I'd first off like to point out that I detest going to the doctor. I was always in and out of the hospital/doctor's office as a child and now I'll refuse to go. However, my mother, my DF and my aunt are now telling me I should probably go to the hospital.

Last February, I was diagnosed with a cyst on my left ovary, and it has not gone away, yet the most the doctor will do is give me painkillers and tell me to deal with it. Well, on New Year's Day, I started to feel really painful cramps and thought that my period was FINALLY coming, since it hasn't reared it's ugly head since October. (I've taken several pregnancy tests, and they've all been negative.) The cramps continued throughout the weekend into Tuesday. I've also had nausea and diarrhea since Monday, except for yesterday when I was just miserable and constipated, but today, I'm back to nausea and diarrhea. On Wednesday morning, I was awoken out of a dead sleep by pain in my abdomen, and that pain fanned out to my chest and my back. Nothing I did made me feel any better, and all I could do was curl up into a ball or vomit. Eventually, the pain went away, but during the day, it came like waves, and would hit me every so often. Wednesday night, I got really dizzy and the pain came back again, and my vision has been blurry. Yesterday, the pain wasn't so bad, and I wasn't as dizzy, but this morning, everything came back full force. I can't even pick up Lela or do much besides lay down, because standing makes me sick, laying on my side makes me heart burn, and there is not enough tylenol in the world to make this stop hurting.

DF is determined to make me go to the doctor, and my mom, who at first told me that I should get over it, now wants me to go and get checked out and both think it's got something to do with my ovarian cyst. I'm just afraid that they're just going to tell me to go home and it will get better.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Should I just cave and go to the doctor?

alf2651

Asked by alf2651 at 4:19 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Health

• Yes you should go to the doctor.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 4:22 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Go to the doctor.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:22 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• i haven't experienced that but i do want to offer my sympathies. that sounds so hard to deal with and yes, i think you should cave and go to the doctor. it's not worth being miserable all day everyday and losing sleep and happiness over. whatever it takes for you to go, or whatever makes you more comfortable about going, like having someone with you, please do it. i think you will feel much better afterwards. and dont take "no" for an answer at the doctor, you have to explain everything that's been happening so they can fully help you. good luck and im sorry!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:23 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• ummmm GO TO THE DOCTOR. i try not to go unless im throwing up or having trouble breathing. u really need to go into the doc though please go
    knagsmom

Answer by knagsmom at 4:30 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• YES the hospital is a good thing if you are in pain. dont waste your time suffering.... and what is a DF?
    prettymango

Answer by prettymango at 4:30 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Please don't delay in seeing a doctor any longer! Explain all symptoms and ask that tests be run. Don't let tham just send you home. GL!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:37 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I really think you should go and get checked out!!
    TJones32

Answer by TJones32 at 4:42 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• grow up and go get it checked out or quit complaining about it.
    Anonymous

• Get to the doctors.
    kaileymom79

Answer by kaileymom79 at 5:09 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• you seriously need a dr. Why has your DF not taken you yet. My DH wouldn't even ask me, he would pick me up and put me in the car and drive me to the ER.
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 5:29 PM on Jan. 9, 2011