PID and breastfeeding

I was just diagnosed with pelvic inflammatory disease, which is probably wrong because I have been in a mono relationship FOREVER, but anyways, they gave me these two antibiotics cuz they do not know whats causing the infection or whatever, but now I can not breastfeed. I am like actually crying about it. My question is, has anyone breastfed through PID, or not taken the antibiotics, or which antibiotics did you take in order to breastfeed. Or if anyone got PID, without it being related to an STD?

smzuzu

Asked by smzuzu at 9:34 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Health

• I had it unrelated to an STD. PID is just an infection that is *usually* caused by an STD. Mine came after a procedure to get rid of precancerous cells on my cervix. How old is your baby? Maybe something was introduced after you gave birth while you were healing?

If you don't get any good answers here, join one of the breastfeeding groups here on CM. They can help you through this. At the very least I would pump and dump as much as you can to keep your supply up, but I'm sure the mamas in the groups can help you more than that.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 9:48 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I am an RN i know it is hard but do not stop taking those meds... u need them in your system.... if u dont take them it will get worse
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 9:51 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Thanks. My baby is almost 4 months old. I have had an IUD for 2 and a half months.
    smzuzu

Answer by smzuzu at 9:54 PM on Nov. 11, 2008