Since it came up

Would our congress work better if it had the same level of "formality" of British Parliament where they don't sugar coat and everyone is fair game when they step on the floor, regardless of rank?

Some examples if you're not familiar.

If you think that's bad - it could be worse.  They have nothing on Ukraine Parliament.  I'm not suggesting anything that drastic, just a bit less posturing and a bit more put your words out plainly.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 4:41 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it's hilarious to watch the British Parliament. I usually have no clue what they're saying, but I've seen men jump on tables and throw wads of paper, lol.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 4:49 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• British parliament.........India's parliament....even The Republic of Korea's, reps get down and dirty (even physically.. lol) while in session.. Our's is pretty tame in comparison.. lol
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:54 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Canada too...I saw a video of one of their guys flipping everyone in the room the bird lol
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:13 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• They are a funny bunch but aside from snippets on thenews I really don't know how they do business. I doubt the hollering and punching gets anymore done than in the States where they don't do that so it probably could not help the process here either
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:38 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I think it would be more entertaining but probably still the same old, same old- seems like politics all over the world are still politics!
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 7:19 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• See, I can't even really be amused because I'm too busy drooling over the accents. God, I love the British tongue. (hee hee)
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:44 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• The Ukraine one was great!!! I think we would have a problem with PC police if our politicians spoke plainly. There's an uproar every time someone drops an f bomb. If my budget was in the red trillions of dollars, I'd be cursing in ten different languages.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 7:47 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Ours is so infected by PC that generally the only things that get accomplished are the wrong things.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 7:50 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Despite the clips of uproar and hanky -panky, the UK and Canadian Parliaments do get a lot done , but with rather more entertainment value than in the US. Though whether some of it is worth doing is another matter .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 11:28 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• You know what? I am getting really tired of posters being upset about the PC issue. Do you really just want to be free to insult every other race and religion and handicapped person on earth? Because you know "politically correct" is just reminding us to not be cruel and prejudiced.
    Gawwwwwwd.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:51 PM on Jan. 7, 2011