Question.

How do you get your contractions to regulate. I'm 38 weeks and I'm already 3 cm..i just need to get my contractions to make me dilate..I've tried sex they make me have contractions they just go away after a couple of hours..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:35 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I am an RN try bending with ur knees all the way ddown hands on the floor, like a frog...lol and caugh..... it will start the contractions and usually dilate u pretty fast... also u can go to the store and buy castral oil... that puts u into labor also..... most of the time
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 9:38 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Castor oil can also give you a bad bought of diarreah!! It can also cause the baby to pass meconium, I wouldn't risk that.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 9:41 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I've read that castor oil is an old wives tale. Walking is tried and true, so is nipple stimulation. When you have sex make sure he ejaculates inside of you because it's the actual sperm that encourages dilation.
    lillys_mommy09

Answer by lillys_mommy09 at 9:44 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I went to a monster truck ralley 10 days before my due date, i swear it scared the baby right out of me...I had contractions the whole time (off and on) got home then they came back and wouldn't stop so I went to the hospital...anyways, lol...I hear doing work...like house work, As long as it's tough or whatever...not sure if it works but I mean like on your hands and knees washing the floor with a rag...ummm, my mom went out and mowed the lawn to try to get me out (dunno if it worked though) I hear eating spicy food (but that's probably a wives tale) BUT no matter what you try the baby may just come when he or she is ready, so be patient and hang in there!
    maderacaligirl

Answer by maderacaligirl at 10:12 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Meconium is associated with a baby that is past due after 42 weeks or when the baby is stressed.

There have been no conclusive studies that castor oil causes a baby to pass meconium.

http://www.maternitycorner.com/mcmag/articles/preg0007.html
    Alma_C

Answer by Alma_C at 11:23 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• All babies pass meconium!

I ate hot sauce, had sex, walked a LOT, rocked in a rocking chair, bounced on a yoga ball, drank raspberry leaf tea....nothing seemed to work. My water broke when I went to be that night and my contractions followed at 2-3c minutes apart. When I got to the hospital I was dilated to 4cm and it took me eight hours to get to 6. Teh had to give me Pitocin then to try to speed things along, and it was another eight hours before I reached 10cm. Even then, my baby hadn't dropped, and I nearly ended up having a c-section. Since I never got to sleep the night before and had spent the whole day doing things to get the baby out, I was completely exhausted before labor even began. Next time, I plan to let nature do whatever the hell she wants!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 12:03 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• do not drink that crap ..............walk..........walk ...................walk....walking and putting preasure will keep the contractions coming..
    BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 12:35 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Not all babies pass meconium - my 1st did, my 2nd didn't.

I agree with the walking. But good luck. I would have contractions while walking and then they would quit. I have a girlfriend swear that going to the comedy club made her start labor. I guess maybe the pressure from laughing.
    Crazy-Steph

Answer by Crazy-Steph at 12:54 AM on Nov. 12, 2008

• Castor oil will make you sick...not only did it give me horrible diarrhea but it also made me throw up and while i did start contracting nicely they ended up tapering off about 10 hrs after i took it... and it never made me dilate more, ive been stuck at 2 1/2 cm for over a week and nothing has helped. But i will tell you that castor oil is HORRIBLE tasting(no matter what you mix it with) can take an hr to kick in and is very unpredictable with what its capable of. beware of dehydration is all i can tell you! Try evening primrose orally at night, 1000mgs of it, or red raspberry leaf tea with honey to help ready your uterus to contract...even walking everywhere will eventually help.
    MamaAnnie87

Answer by MamaAnnie87 at 1:44 AM on Nov. 12, 2008