What do you expect from a sitter? And what do the sitters expect from parents?

I want to know what your expectations for a sitter? & if you are a stay at home mom who babysits to bring in an income what do you expect from the parents?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:55 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Relationships

• I babysit for a living and a few of the big things I expect are... being on time, paying me on time, relizing that yes I love your children but this is also my job, Giving me notice if you are planning to not bring your child in that day, relizing that when you change your mind at the last minute becuase you can get free babysitting that day elsewhere you are costing ME money because I have turned down work elsewhere.
    hotrodlassie

Answer by hotrodlassie at 5:00 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Meals are number one on both sides. I always want dd fed appropriatly and I show the sitter exactly where everything is and what I want her to eat. Communication is also a biggy. If she or I am going to be late or plans change then the other person needs to be notified ASAP. And of course boundaries. My sitter always knows where to take dd and where not to. Also as a sitter I wanted to know the same info
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 4:57 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I ALSO BABYSIT AND IT DRIVES ME COMPLETLY INSANE THIS LADY I BABYSIT FOR BRINGS HER CHILDREN TO ME AT 1 30 IN THE AFTERNOON SHE DROPS THEM OFF AND SAYS HE THREW UP THIS MORNING HE NEEDS A BATH UMMMM WHAT?? WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU DOING ALL DAY THAT YOU COULDNT GIVE HIM A BATH. SO THEN SHE TELLS ME HOIW HER DAUGHTER LEFT THE APARTMENT AND FOUND IN THE PARKING LOT SOMEONE CALLED CPS & THE POLICE WERE CALLED I WAS STUNNED! I DONT KNOW I TRIED TALKING TO HER BUT NOTHING GETS THROUGH SHOULD I GIVE HER A WEEKS NOTICE & QUIT???
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:10 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• If you feel that quitting is what's best for you than by all means give her notice and quit. She isn't going to change her ways and she is expecting too much of you.
    anon1986East

Answer by anon1986East at 6:03 PM on Jan. 7, 2011