• In the Spotlight:

Bras...can you help me?

I am a very chesty girl and I am looking for the 'old' bra's. The ones that make your boobs look like cones. I think they are 100% cotton, no wire, no stretch etc.

They seem to be the only thing that will keep the girls up where they belong and I seem to have an allergy to anything that is stretchy. I am completely broken out under both arms.

Anyone know where I can find these less-than-comfy yet super-supportive bras?

mom2queenie2004

Asked by mom2queenie2004 at 4:57 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Shopping

• walmart or target? or maybe victoria secret will have soemthing?
    babbykrissy

Answer by babbykrissy at 4:59 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• i know what bra's your speaking of. i think they have a wide selection at walmart, have you checked there? and you're right, they're all cotton, no under-wire, no fancy stuff. they will make your boobs look like cones.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:00 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Go to the department store where the old ladies shop—there must be one around where you live. Or, look for a "corset shop." Or, go online and look at the Lady Grace catalog.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:02 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I have tried Walmart, Target and KMart. They do not have the 'granny bra' that I am looking for and rarely have anything in my size... an F.
    Maybe Dillards.... I see older women there a lot.
    mom2queenie2004

Comment by mom2queenie2004 (original poster) at 5:05 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• Try JcPenny
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 5:40 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• lol i pretty busty myself i shop at lane bryant they have a good selection for busty women they dont have the cone bra but they have some really cute sexy ones that olds these girls up :-)
    Marie_07

Answer by Marie_07 at 6:38 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• try JUST MY SIZE its and online plus size shop that i use and they have just what your talking about and they are great.....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 11:51 AM on Jan. 8, 2011

• I would go to one of those fancy specialty bra shops, where they take time to fit you. After confirming the best size, and all that stuff, ask about what you want. Unless the person helping you is the owner (or for whatever reason is bent on making a sale) ask them about reasonably priced places in your area where you can find what you're really looking for. GL :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 2:20 PM on Jan. 9, 2011

• Have you checked the Platex boxed bras lately? They usually have no underwire, and are often cotton. They may still make a conical design too. :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 8:00 PM on Jan. 10, 2011