i have a 16 mt old and hasen had any of his shots im sceard of vaccines but i think i want him to have them can i get in trouble for waiting so long to get them?

ali22

Asked by ali22 at 9:36 PM on Nov. 11, 2008 in Kids' Health

• Thats pretty dumb waiting so long to get your child shots just b.c you are scared of vaccines. you prolly should get it done. i dont think you can get into trouble but... yeah
    Anonymous

• what are you scared of? I'd be more scared not to get them. They dont cause autism.
    Anonymous

• No, you can't get in trouble. More and more parents are choosing not to vaccinate because there is a lot of evidence to say they can be very harmful. We are delaying and seperating my sons vaccines. I want him to have them, but not so many at once. At his 4 month appointment he had 8 vaccines, and IMO that is too much, especially since he had a reaction to the DTaP.

To get him in school you will have to fill out a waiver, and the school might tell you that you can't. But EVERY state has a way for you go get him in school. Some states will make you claim religious reasons. There are several anit-vax groups here on CM who can give you more info.
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 9:44 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Get to a pediatrician or local clinic for immunizations RIGHT AWAY. Of course you're scared. I hated my kids getting their shots. I always had someone else hold them while they got their shots and then I comforted them after. They will never remember this and also your child is more at risk for getting seriously sick than if they did not have their shots. No you will not get into trouble. The fact that you even asked this question tells me that you do know your child needs them! So tomorrow make a couple of calls and you and your baby will be happier that you did. YOUR NOT DUMB... just scared and hopefully you will find a good pediatrician to make sure you do the best for your child. GET THE IMMUNIZATIONS YOU DO WANT YOUR CHILD TO GO TO SCHOOL DON'T YOU!!! Don't wait vaccinate! =)
    NoDramaMamma

Answer by NoDramaMamma at 9:46 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• I am an RN... You can't get into trouble at all but as an RN i would recommend getting some of them if not all of them... there is some that u wont be able to get done because they have to be done a cretin ages... if u have any questions about the shots that are most important or anything else just message me and i would be glad to help
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 9:47 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• If you are scared to get them then why do you think that you should get them? I am not understanding why you want to get them even though you are scared of them. I would suggest you do some more research. This is not something you want to make an uninformed decision about. I have 2 partially and one vax free kids that are 12, 8 and 6. I have had NO problems getting them into daycare and schools.

Anon 8:38 There are many more problems and complications that can occur with vax's not just autism.As for autism, the gov't studies report inconclusive answers while the media and medical community report it does not. These are two different stances. Please do your research on this issue!!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 9:49 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• The doctor my children go to recently put up a notice saying if you are non-vaxing, then you will be asked to find a new doctor's office. So while you can't "get in trouble" persay, you can get kicked out of certain things like private daycare or certain physicans practices. I have yet to find a compelling reason NOT to vax yet many reasons why its preferable. Dont let people scare you into making a choice. Read up on things & make your own choices. If you join one of those groups nobody will give you both sides. just their side.
    Anonymous

• Sitting back and not getting your baby shots is more dangerous. This is so important to have them up to date. Take him to your health clinic or his doctor and have it done...yes he's gonna yell and get fussy and maybe even a little sick. But most of this passes in a day or so. Gotta be a mom and do it ..I know why do we have to>? Because its the right thing to do ...and if he gets sick later with anything, it will be a mild case (that's why we have it done) Believe me when babies get sick with anything it's harder on moms and if they don't have the shot to help ...could be really hard. So get tough mommy and go....you'll be glad ya did! Good Luck!
    Joyo4

Answer by Joyo4 at 9:51 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• Ignore the rude posters.
    NO, you can't get in trouble. Your sons pediatrician will have a make-up schedule to get him caught up. You can discuss the situation with him and decide on the schedule that is best for you.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:47 PM on Nov. 11, 2008

• You need to do what is best for your child not because YOUR scared. Make sure your putting your childs needs first.
    canada714

Answer by canada714 at 12:49 AM on Nov. 12, 2008