Am I the only one who doesn't think Splenda and regular sugar work in the same quantities?

It says on the bag to use the same amount of Splenda as you would regular suger, but to me it tastes much weaker.

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 4:59 PM on Jan. 7, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Splenda is noticeably different in anything that's made with it. You really need to taste test what you make with it. My kids can taste the difference between that and sugar especially when I used it in my pumpkin pie one time.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 5:48 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• It is weaker. I always add extra or the sweet item won't be sweet enough.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 5:09 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I don't like the taste of splenda but I bought one of the truvia things and it came with a little spoon tiny its like half of the size of my finger nail it said to use 1 for a cup of coffee I usually use 2 teaspons of sugar for my coffee and it is kind of amazing but it does taste as sweet as my 2 teaspoons of regular sugar.
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 5:29 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I use less of Splenda than I would of sugar -
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:50 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I never use splenda...chemicals...yuck...and it really tastes bitter.
    Saya

Answer by Saya at 9:28 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I don't use Splenda anymore because of a bad reaction to Sucralose, but when i did use it, I could have sworn there was a conversion chart on the bag. I had to adjust the amounts for the recipes I used.
    beshka76

Answer by beshka76 at 10:32 PM on Jan. 7, 2011

• I don't regularly use splenda - but a while back I baked something for my nephew who is allergic to sugar, and used half the splenda (recipe called for 1 cup sugar, I used 1/2 cup splenda) and I thought it was still awfully sweet. I made a second batch using 1/4 cup and it was better - he loved it, said it was perfect. He said it's too sweet to use the full amount.
    Anonymous